Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Magical" Card

This is a card I made yesterday for the SCS Sketch Challenge and also for my dear sweet husband, Mark. Mark is on a regiment of Chemo Therapy for Lymphoma and this last go round has been a bad one for him. After a routine trip to the hospital for blood work yesterday morning, he was headed back to bed and told me I should go into my craftroom and make him a "magic" card to make this ugly stuff go away and make him feel better ... so, I did just that and this is my results.

Inside the card I promised him that when this journey was over we would go someplace that looked like this and just sit and listen to the sounds of nature and feel the sun on our faces. Mark is a very quiet person and didn't say much when he saw the card but I know he appreciated it and also looks forward to that nature filled, sun shining day! I posted this card on my gallery at SCS for the challenge and got wonderful comments of encouragement, thoughts and prayers back from all those lovely, crafty people! What a great circle of friends (most whom I've never met) I have developed over there! God Bless them all for their kindness!!
Card Details:
Stamps: Stampscapes, SU Wildlife Reserve
Paper: DCWV designer paper, Whisper White, Basic Black, Close to Cocoa
Ink: Garden Green, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Ranger green ep, chalk, make-up applicator sponge, swivel craft knife

3 comments:

  1. Thought I left a comment here already and just don't see it. Hope all is well with DH Mark. I am sure he will be looking forward to a break in a place that looks just like your image. You have colored it to perfection Darlene.

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Anita would say "OH MY COW!" That is gorgeous, Darlene! The coloring looks amazing, and how special it must be to Mark! You did a beautiful job! I can't wait for the day when you get to plan that getaway! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.