Friday, August 29, 2008

Stamp Simply #50

I made this card for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply #50 challenge over on her BLOG. Today was honoring Julie Koerber and to do that, we were to make a card using Julie's favorite color RED and use her STYLE for inspiration.

I didn't realize I don't have much RED designer paper (must do something about that!). I did, however, have this scrap piece of DCWV red polka dot dp in my stash and used my imagination to make it work. It already had the square punched out at the bottom so I new immediately that would be where the sentiment would be placed. From there I scanned through my "flourishes" stamps and found this set of Floral Flourishes by Inkadinkado would work perfectly! My main image and sentiment are by Crafty Secrets, called Bird Notes. I colored in the birds using my Prisma pencils ... punched the corners using Creative Memories corner punch, matted the image on glossy black paper and TaDah ... What do you think??

2 comments:

  1. Darlene, this is absolutely darling!!! I LOVE these CS birds and they are perfect with the dotted paper and pretty flourish stamped on it!!! What a great job -- and so well put together -- even though to you it was just a srap -- wonderfully done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this turned out really nice and definitely "Julie-style!" I LOVE the flourishes stamped on the paper... I'm trying to remember to do that more often myself! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.