Saturday, September 27, 2008

Challenges for Our Creative Corner Blog

Here are a couple of cards I made for the challenges over on the Our Creative Corner blog. Their usual challenge is on Saturday but they've decided to try something new and do a mid-week challenge. For the first mid-week challenge, they want you to Case the OCC ... in other words, pick one of the OCC design team members and case one of her creations. I chose to case Dawn Easton (known on SCS as treasureoiler). If I get time, I'd love to go back and case a few others but I think that time is running out quickly for me!!! You can see Dawn's card HERE ! This challenge is open until Tuesday, Sept. 30th and one lucky winner will be awarded some fun NEW paper from My Mind's Eye called "Be Merry".


Now ... on to today's OCC challenge. This week the girls have a guest designer, Michelle Rodgers of Stamper's Dream and she will be sponsoring a prize for this week's entry winner! Go to the OCC blog and check it out ... really cool stuff and also check out Stamper's Dream ... you won't be sorry!!


Today we are to make a card/project using colored stitching. You can either use your sewing machine, hand stitch, faux stitch ... but it has to be in color ... no white stitching allowed!!! I've made a very "simple" card using my The Rubber Cafe butterfly stamps. I chose to use faux stitching and I cut out and popped up the large butterfly for a little more dimension. The base card is actually "elegant eggplant" color and the butterflies were also stamped in elegant eggplant and I used a fuchsia ZIG marker to do a little hightlights on the large butterfly to match in with the faux stitching. Not my best work ... but it's late, I'm so behind on all my challenge stamping and just wanted to get one card submitted on time!

Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to comment! I always love hearing from you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.