Monday, September 8, 2008

Harvest Time of the Year

Don't you just LOVE this time of the year!!! Here in NE Ohio, it's in the mid 70s, nice breeze and the smell of Fall is already in the air!! DH and I sat out on the deck to enjoy our lunch and the beautiful blue skies. While there this flock of geese decided to do a "fly by" ... this is a definate sign of Fall coming!!

We live in the "suburbs" and in our housing complex, we are not allowed to have a full size garden ... BUT ... nothing was written in the rules about hiding a few tomato plants amongst the flowers in your landscaping!!!

I only planted 4 tomato plants (2 Early Girls & 2 Roma). Placed facing the sun in different directions just to see what the outcome would be! Well, there was a huge difference in the size of the tomatoes from one location to the other and I will keep that in mind for next years crop!!

This is obviously the "good side" and I don't think they are too well HIDDEN anymore! What nice sized, delicious tomotoes we've been getting! Nothing better this time of the year!!! Makes my mouth water just talking about them!!! This is an Early Girl plant and produces perfect sized tomatoes for sandwiches ... not too big/not too small!!

Here are my Roma tomatoes. This plant did so well and is just loaded with beautiful roma tomatoes!! I'm going to have to make some sauce or something with these beauties ... too many for just Mark & I to eat and I've already given some to all the neighbors!!

Sorry to go on ... and on ... about tomatoes ... but this time of the year they are just SO DARNED GOOD!!!! Nothing better than fresh garden veggies!!! Where do you think I could hide the corn????

Thanks for stopping by!!

3 comments:

  1. boy do I love this! Wonderful colors and that sentiment goes beautifully with the beautiful butterfly. Very nicely done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't grow tomatos here in CO but yours look yummy Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They certainly are wonderful at this time of year, but where did that beautiful 70 weather go? It's like pea soup out there today! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.