Thursday, September 4, 2008

WT182 Beauty in Black

Busy day planned for today!!! But wanted to check out the SCS challenge for today. Today is the Ways To Use It challenge and we were instructed to pull out that "specialty paper" we've all been hoarding and turn it into something beautiful!


Well, I had this beautiful black embossed floral paper [The Paper Co.] given to me by my friend, Linda Davis, (thanks Linda) several months ago!! I keep looking at it and putting it back ... wanting to make sure that when I did use it that it came out perfectly! (Don't want to disappoint you know!) When I saw the basis for today's challenge, I knew exactly which paper I would be using.


When you have such gorgeous paper, you certainly don't want to clutter it up so instead, I chose to use my [Outline Stickers by Anita's Art Stamps] "stencil images" (also a gift from Linda). Come to think of it, the [Around the Block] "lace frame tape" is also a gift. This time from my friend Tammy (Stampertammy). I DID buy the Martha Stewart butterfly punch used to make the pretty gold butterfly and the Anna Griffin designer paper myself!!


Thanks for stopping by ... please leave a comment ... I love hearing from you all!!! Have a glorious day!!!

12 comments:

  1. this is REALLY pretty! I love that uncluttered look, too. GORGEOUS!! And, how cool that almost everything was a gift - now once you send it out you'll be sorta paying it forward. Very cool.

    Hey be sure to visit my blog too (I came here from SCS), I am offering blog candy!

    Have a beautiful day~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job on the challenge!! Neat paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Darlene - I always struggle when I have beautiful paper because I don't want to cover it up - and you did a great job - love the gold image and accents. Dru

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I can see why you were saving the paper for something special. Great way to show it off. -Molly B

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! How elegant is this card!!! I really like the idea of using black as the basis and decoration for a card. TFS Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. That paper is so gorgeous, I would just look at it afraid to use it. You did it justice. Magnificent and so elegant. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS! Beautifully done...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Darlene, this is really pretty. Funny, we both choose paper from 'The Paper Company'. The butterfly punch and lace are just a perfect add on for this card.

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, great job...it is hard to pull off black, well, at least for me. Your card is fantasic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card- it kind of reminds me of vintage roaring 20's style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!! I know it is always hard to use that "special" paper. I have some that I have kept for awhile saving it for just the perfect project. I really like how you added to the paper but didn't cover it up--great idea with the sticker! I also wanted to tell you thank you so much for your vote on my project!! I really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! Glad to see you getting good use out of that white lace stuff! Love that dress image, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.