Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Crafty Secrets Challenge - Vintage Cones/Party Hats


What a fun challenge we had for this week over on the Crafty Secrets forum of SCS! Marcy (kiddielitter) was our guest hostess this week and she came up with a "doozie". We were to make a pretty cone or party hat. There was a link to the template over on Heartwarming Vintage (sister site of Crafty Secrets) and that was a huge help.
I decided it would be easiest if I set up the sewing machine and attached my lace & image using real stitching. I wasn't too sure how well the adhesive would hold and didn't want it falling apart as soon as I finally got it all together.
There really isn't a lot of pieces to this pretty cone. The main design paper is double sided and is from Crafty Secrets Radiant paper pack. The image is from their Dolls booklet and the lace is from Joanne's sewing department. The only embellishments are a few crystal jewels around the lace, prima flowers and a few crystals hanging out the bottom. I used elastic cording from Michaels for the handle and the bottom string. Check out some of the other girls projects on this challenge ... they are really awesome and quite inspirational! Here is a link if you'd like to take a peek!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I need to stop by and check that one out myself! Very pretty - love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cone Darlene! It's truly a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Crafty Secrets, the cone is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.