Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009 - Let the Challenges Begin!!

Hello all! First let me thank all of you who have sent well wishes/cards to my DH over the holidays! It's difficult to express how much it means to us ... all I can say is Thanks & Bless You!!



The first round of I.C.E. chemo is completed and he's done quite well ... until today ... the side affects are starting to take hold and he's experiencing a lot of nausea. His answer to this problem is just to remain in bed and that's what he's doing. We're just taking it one day at a time and dealing with things as they come up. With all the prayers and wonderful thoughts we've been receiving, I have no doubt we'll get over this hurdle too!!



Now onto some stamping fun!!!



Today Lori Lynn hosted our 1st Crafty Secrets challenge of the New Year and has asked us to do some Paper Piecing.


What fun!! Paper piecing adds such wonderful dimension to your card and I really need to take the time to use this technique more! Today I've chosen the Crafty Secrets "glamour girls" stamp set and pieced this lovely ladies dress using designer paper by Basic Grey (euphoria). My background paper is by Anna Griffin, flowers are Prima and the sprigs are from the Martha Stewart (branch) punch. I used a makeup applicator and blue chalk to outline the clouds and the faux stitching was done with a Creative Memories teal blue fine tip marker & metal ruler.


Thanks to all of you who have faithfully stopped by only to find nothing new!! Hopefully I'll get my stamping groove back and have a few new things to share with you this week! Here's hoping 2009 will be "the best year ever!!"

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet card, Darlene! Love the paper piecing and the little cluster of flowers!

    Sorry to hear the chemo-monsters are back! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Darlene! Love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, this is such a pretty card.

    The stamp is one of my favorites!
    Great job.

    I am praying for you both!!!!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to the stamping world Darlene. I am really glad to see you back to creating your beautiful cards. You got me worried there for a while.

    Hope your DH will be feeling better soon and that the negative isde-effects of the treatment will ease off. I am keeping both of you in my prayers.

    Take care dear friend.

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I got that set, and others he he, for Christmas and I need to ink it up! I hope your hubby is comfortable, not to tired, with his treatments and I wish him a speedy recovery! Take care,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your back! I've missed you! Sorry to hear about your DH nausea. Poor guy. I can't even imagine. I love your card! The layout, paper piecing and primas are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this card. I'm going to have to jump into these Crafty Secrets challenges...I have a bunch of the sets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Very creative card...and I wish you and your hubby the best for this new year!
    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome image and fabulous paper piecing. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.