Thursday, January 15, 2009

LOVE those challenges ...


I have a double post for you today.



First is yesterday's Color Throwdown challenge using the following colors: Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Riding Hood Red, and Baja Breeze. Aren't these fun colors!! I chose to do a very simple layout to focus more on the colors. My image is by Stampendous ... sentiment by Close to my Heart and the two punches (doily lace border & butterfly) are by Martha Stewart. I did a little coloring in on the image using a Creative Memories copper metallic pen and an American Crafts glitter pen. I also used the glitter pen to outline the butterflies. The image was stamped in Versafine Black and the sentiment in SU Ruby Red.






Secondly is a card for yesterday Sketch Challenge over on SCS. I needed a wedding card so I decided to utilize this sketch for that purpose. I was just informed that a friend was "quietly" married on New Year's Eve ... how romantic! I would say that her new husband has absolutely NO excuse for forgetting their anniversary!!! LOL!!
I just love black, white & red together ... so rich I think!! Here I've used a basic white card and made my own background by using two of the sentiment stamps within this Inkadinkado Wedding set. The floral paper used on my panels is by American Crafts ... simply cut & matted. The only think I've added to the main image is to chalk a little blue on the bouquet and the flower in her hair. I've stamped all images with Versafine black. The corner images have been cut out and popped up for dimension then I decided to add red stickles to the hearts for a little added sparkle. Fairly simple card but I think the newlyweds will like it! Congratulations Cindy & Todd!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and please come back!!
Hubby update ... Mark has been feeling fairly well this week other than the fact that he is now coming down with a cold (probably caught it from me ... oops). The doctor has put him on a prescription of Z-Pack before he starts the next round of chemo on Friday and throughout the weekend. He seems to be feeling much better even today! Thanks for all prayers and I ask that you keep them coming ... bless you all!!

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you husband is feeling good. Love your cards too Darlene. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Sorry that you are having to freeze tonight too! Hopefully it warms up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are great. Glad to hear the hubby is feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are wonderful! Glad to hear your DH is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! I especially love the butterflies!! You rocked those color challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! The three power colors black, white and red work real

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the elegance of the wedding card, and the touch of red in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS FOR THIS LOVELY OH SO THOUGHTFUL CARD! SENDING YOUR HUBBY POSITIVE ENERGETIC VIBES!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.