Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Sketch & A Color Challenge


I'm still having a little trouble getting my creative juices flowing, so today I thought I'd give it a jump start by combining the sketch challenge over at SCS with the color challenge over on the Color Throwdown Blog.


The stamp set I chose to use today is from one of my FAVORITE companies ... Crafty Secrets.
This set is called "sew special" and has several fun pieces to be creative with. If you are not familiar with Crafty Secrets, PLEASE go check them out ... they have some really fun sets as well as some awesome paper packs and booklets. And if you are a vintage lover ... all the better!!!
The colors for the Throwdown today were Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze and Mellow Moss. I also threw in a piece of Basic Grey (periphery) designer paper for Panel #2 of the sketch.



I have found I have difficulty with too much "white space" so instead of using faux stitching around the very vanilla panel, I decided to use this cute "safety pin" stamp (also a part of this sew special set) then colored it in with a gold metallic pen by Creative Memories to make it look like the real thing.



Thanks for stopping by! I know a lot of you have been kind enough to mention my DH in your comments and I really appreciate all you kind words & prayers. So I've decided to leave a little update at the end of my daily post to let you know how we're handling this new chemo regiment. Today is a better day than yesterday, although he is still experiencing a lot of exhaustion so has been spending most of the day in bed. At least the nausea has eased up and that is a blessing within itself!!! While he's resting, I think I'll go back to my craftroom where I can be "quiet" and hopefully creative!

12 comments:

  1. Hey girl, stop by my blog, you have an award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dar, this is so sweet! I love those images, and especially the border of safety pins! I'm glad you had a chance to play, even if you didn't have time to go shopping today! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, your card rocks both challenges! I love the stamps AND the paper you used! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darlene... Thinking about you and your hubby! Glad you are able to create while he is resting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, my, Darlene! I just love those vintage images combined with these colors! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Mom. It makes me think of a seamstress with the measuring tape around her neck and the pin cushion on her wrist. (I miss my sewing days) I also wanted to thank all of the beautiful people who follow your blog and give you and Pap added strength and prayer. I love you both...very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute card! I love the safety pins in the background. I really love this set and will have to put it on my wishlist. Thanks for giving us an update on your DH! Glad he had a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love the vintage images!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They had lovely stamps! I just have to order from them in the future…

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene... I love this new card and glad that you are finding time to create more cards for all to see. The pins in the background really add a nice touch! Please pass along a hug to Mark from us... Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Darlene...this card is so gorgeous! Love how you used that stamp set! I have it and have only inked one image in the set - shame on me!
    Hope your DH is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super great card, Darlene. Love the vintage and the fun entiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.