Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thanks to the Chemo Nurses


We just got back home from the hospital where Mark has spent the last 24 hours + ... hooked up and receiving chemo. The Oncology section of our local hospital is staffed with a wonderful, caring group of folks. We have only been in this section of the hospital on 2 occassions, but they have been very professional and so attentive to Mark's every need!



I was having difficulty sleeping last night with Mark not here so I decided since I was awake I may as well put my time to good use and make up a couple boxes of cards to let these two special Nurses know how much I appreciate their kindness towards my husband in my absence. Megan was the RN this weekend and Heather was on duty during his last I.C.E. treatment. I asked Megan to choose which set she liked the best and please give Heather the other one. She thanked me over & over again for the gesture and I thanked HER over & over again for being so good with Mark!! We kind of chuckled about that!!
You know, in my mind, it's difficult enough to be going through something like this and if you have someone who shows a little extra kindness ... it just makes it a little easier to endure! I realize they are only "doing their job" ... but I've seen others "do their job" but not near as nicely!! So, thank you NURSES out there who help take care of us in some of our "not so pleasant moments" and do it with a smile on your face!! God Bless You!!
Card details:
(blue set)
Stamps: Embrace Life and Stampendous
Paper: 2-sided ivory/white cs, Sweetwater designer paper (summertime blues collection)
Ink: versafine black
Accessories: Michaels' ivory satin ribbon, pop dot
(groovy guava set)
Stamps: Inkadinkado and Stampendous (sentiment)
Paper: Groovy Guava cs & dp, Glossy black
Ink: Versafine black
Accessories: clear embossing powder, Creative Memories black round tip marker, gold Pilot marker, Nestabilities (labels one)

6 comments:

  1. How nice of you to give such beautiful gifts to the nurses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful cards!! I know the nurses always say that being there and being kind is "Just their jobs", but from knowing a lot of nurses...the little gestures like your cards mean the world to them and the relationships it builds remind them why they come back after the "not so pleasant moments". It was very kind of you and very helpful to you at the same time.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, those acts of kindness will come back to you. Bless you for blessing others during your difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, these cards are lovely and I know they are so appreciated.
    You're a very nice person to be so thoughtful of others while you are having to deal with so much. You're in my prayers friend. Dru

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful sets. I know the nurses will love these very deserved gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dar, you are such a sweetie! Those nurses will remember your apprecation of them for a long time! :) (P.S. Next time, just call me when you can't sleep!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.