Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Crafty Secrets Challenge with a Technique Twist ...


Hi everyone ... one quick post before getting dinner started. Mark ventured into the office today and has stayed all day ... that's a good sign!!



Here is my card for today's Crafty Secrets Forum Challenge - CSSC54 over on SCS. LoriLynn was our hostess today and she reminded us that we had something to celebrate ... 4 or 5 of us ladies have been doing the weekly challenge over on this forum for a YEAR now!! Wow ... where has the time gone!! So, in honor of our milestone, we are CELEBRATING!



In Lori's words: Your challenge this week is an easy one~ make a birthday or anniversary card to celebrate this creative milestone.



I rarely do the Monday SCS challenge (Try a New Technique - TLC206) but after seeing some of the cards the ladies were making, I just had to check it out. This week's challenge was the Recessed Window technique. I didn't do it exactly right, but you get the gest!! I was actually inspired by THIS card made by TOY (Holly). In fact, as I was working on my card my mind "wondered" and I nearly cased Holly's card to a tee ... that's when I added the extra ribbon!!


Recipe for this card:
STAMPS: Crafty Secrets (Sweet Stuff & Glamour Girls)
PAPER: A-6 premade white card, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Basic Grey (sugared) dp
INK: Versafine black, Pink Pirouette
ACCESSORIES: Detail clear embossing powder, Nestabilities (Label One & Scallop Rectangles), Marvy (yelow) heart punch, Offray pink grosgrain ribbon, SU Watercolor pencils, SU blender pen, Michaels' gold holiday thread, Making Memories pink brads, dimensional tape, Martha Stewart doily lace border punch.
Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget ... ALL COMMENTS ARE WELCOMED!! Have a great day all!!

4 comments:

  1. I love how you do your vintage-looking cards! This one is so pretty. I really like how you framed the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene,
    I really love this card it all works so well together awesome job!!
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is so neat. I love the layout and colors. Hopefully, someday soon when things settle down again for me, I can do the Crafty Secrets Challenges again. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.