Sunday, February 22, 2009

Easter Cards for Sister Linda

I thought I'd share a few more Easter cards I've made to take to my sister's shop. I actually had to purchase a few more Easter stamps (oh dear ... had to buy stamps!!) in order to give her the selection I thought she would want.




This first card was so quick and easy but really has the WOW factor. The card base is a duplex ivory/white cardstock which I have bordered using a gold Pilot marker. My image is by Ann-ticipations and was stamped using Versamark Dazzle Champagne then embossed using Sparkle Gold embossing powder. I've used my rectangle Nestabilities for the main image and the gold metallic matting. The sentiment is by Paper Inspirations and is also stamped with Versamark Dazzle Champagne and embossed with Sparkle Gold ep. It is beautiful IRL ... I think it's going to be very popular at the shop!! (click image for larger view)





The image used on my next two cards is by Paper Inspirations. This first card was stamped with India Ink black onto dry white cs and colored using chalks and makeup applicators to achieve a very soft appearance. The background is blue vellum which was border punched using the MS doily lace punch then run through the Cuttlebug using the swiss dot folder. The ribbon is white organza which I purchased at an extremely good price ... 100 yards for $2.92 ... could NOT pass it up. You'll be seeing a lot of white organza ribbon on my work in the future!! (click image for larger view)




The second card is the same image but it was stamped on white glossy paper using India Ink Black. I chose to only color the dogwood petals and leaves to really bring focus to the cross. I've used inking nibs with Pink Pirouette and Old Olive inks. The background is Pink Pirouette paper which has been run through the Cuttlebug using the textile folder then bordered using a gold Pilot marker. Of course my finishing touch was the white organza ribbon. (click image for larger view)

8 comments:

  1. WOW! All three are breathtaking! That Paper Inspirations image is beautiful, and I love how you colored it in both of the samples you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Darlene, great diversity on the Easter cards, and that Sugar Nellie is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are really pretty and very soothing. Question - where are you buying all the Paper Inspirations stamps? I checked their catalog online after seeing some of your cards and they have a great selection and gorgeous artwork - as seen here on your cards. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, these are aw inspiring. What a beautiful stamp. And you used it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great Easter Cards. I am sure they will be popular in your sister's shop. Keep them coming.

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the Cross is central in these cards - that's what it is all about!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Dar! I especially love the chalked images!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.