Friday, February 27, 2009

From Mind to Paper


Here is a card that I've had in my head ever since purchasing a few of these lovely Sugar Nellie images.
When I saw that this little cutie was "looking away" my mind thought ... "what do you think she's looking at???" Well, that's where my Stampscapes come into play. I'll be playing with other images I have to see if I can't perfect this a little more.
What I've done is first stamp the Sugar Nellie (reflective) image onto white cs then masked her using Eclipse masking medium. Then I stamped the church, some additional pines on the left, and the path. I also masked the church so I could stamp the sky (Ala Art stamp) and the birds. The ground cover was colored with chalk & makeup applicator. The trees and Sugar Nellie were colored with SU & Prima pencils. I've used words from a Crafty Secrets (mini words) set and the Believe is from Technique Tuesday for the outside border. Of course I had to add a touch of softness with this beautiful white organdy ribbon from JoAnn's.
This was fun but I will have to work on my masking technique. I don't always get a good background image ... think I need more "cushioning" before stamping over the masked area so I don't get those "hallos". Your thoughts or suggestions???
Thanks so much for stopping by and I always enjoy hearing your comments!!!

6 comments:

  1. You did such a fab job with the scenery!! Very nicely done!! TFS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly, this is gorgeous! You created a beautiful scene here! I love it. Great job here! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You never cease to amaze me! I can't believe you thought to put stampscapes and Nellie together. I love it!! They look terrific together. Way to go, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the scene you did and the coloring! For the suggestion on help with the halo effect. I was told to cut just inside the lines of the mask when cutting it out. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute scene. Wonderful coloring too.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out great. What a wonderful combination of stamps. Super job Darlene..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.