Friday, February 6, 2009

Stamp Simply Challenge - LET'S GET NEGATIVE

Happy Friday everyone!!! The end of another week and it's time for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Challenge. Today she has challenged us to Go Negative ... with negative images that is!!!

I must admit, I was a little confused on what to do here so on my first card I used what I felt to be a "negative image" but wasn't sure so I also used the NEGATIVE portion of a Nestabilities diecut from a previous project to showcase my sentiment. My hibiscus image is by Penny Black and after embossing, I cut it out with my Nestabilities and sponged the image before removing it from the die (a little trick I learned from our wonderful host, Sharon). The background paper is by graphic 45 and I'd love to tell you who this sentiment is by but I can read the markings on the side of the stamp ... I'll have to get back to you on that!!

After making my first card, I thought .... is this what Sharon is talking about??? And after some thought, I decided to do a card THIS way ... using a regular image, I inked it with Ranger Perfect Medium ... embossed with detail clear then sponged around the image with Ranger Antique Linen & Vintage Photo distress inks. I thought this gave the image a (reverse) NEGATIVE appearance.

The background paper on this card is also by graphic 45 (love these papers) and I've used my Nestabilities Label Two diecuts for my main image. I also done some faux stitching and paper piercing on this main panel. The sentiment stamp is by Inkadinkado and I've also sponged it with Ranger distress inks to give it a more vintage appeal. The piece of lace behind my main panel is actually accru seam binding which I've inked over with Ranger Vintage Photo distress ink . The gold thread used on my main image and on the right side of the lace is left over from the holiday's and was purchased at Michael's. I used Martha Stewart pearls on the centers of the clock faces to add a little more dimension.

Okay, so there you have it ... my attempt at GETTING NEGATIVE. (Did I even come close Sharon???? LOL) Be sure to check out Sharon's GORGEOUS card as well as her design team ladies samples ... they are amazing!!!

Please stop back later when I want to share with you the BIG SURPRISE Mark & I received last evening ... you won't want to miss it!!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Darlene! love the colors and your layouts...tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT'S THE SURPRISE????? LOL

    BEAUTIFUL cards, my friend! Anyone reading this... I know firsthand they're even more gorgeous in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Darlene! Perfect composition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these, but that first one with the flower and birds took my breath away. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, I just saw these cards both at SCS and they blew me away!!! What fabulous cards for the negative challenge -- you surely nailed it!!! Way to go!! Great cards!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.