Saturday, April 18, 2009

A need for Vintage ...


Good Morning all!!



Let me begin by letting you all know that Mark is doing pretty good after having his stem cell transplant this past Thursday! His numbers are dropping (to be expected) and he is tired but he's doing what is expected and that's great!! Just thought you'd want to know!!



Now on to my card! While catching up with blogging comments yesterday, I noticed my friend Lyneen (I am ... Dreaming of Castles) offered a link to some wonderful, downloadable vintage backgrounds from Stampington. (Thanks Lyneen!) You can check it out here. I decided to use one of the prints for today's card.
The print itself is beautiful but I decided to overstamp it using the SU "French Script" background image with Versafine Sepia ink then matted it with basic black cardstock. My second panel was made from a strip of Basic Black card stock with a strip of Ruby Red cardstock which was border punched using the Martha Stewart "Arch Trellis" punch attached and embellished with Around the Block floral frame tape. My main image was sent to me by Kris Dickinson (Nostalgic Collage) also known as Parkerquilter on Splitcoaststampers. (Thanks Kris!) It comes from an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of images called "The Ladies Closet" and can be found on http://www.digitalcollagesheets.com/. Using my new Nestabilities "Label Four" diecuts, I cut the image as well as the double matting. My embellishments are a vintage fan button from JoAnn's and Dew Drops.
I hope you enjoyed my card for today. I've made SO MANY cards this past week for the nursing staff here at the Cleveland Clinic ... and they were pretty simple layouts ... I just needed to get my mojo sparked with a little something different. Have a great day ... and if you live in my neck of the woods ... get out there and enjoy that beautiful sunshine!!!

5 comments:

  1. Darlene, I'm so glad Mark is doing well!

    This card is gorgeous! One of my favorite ladies! ((HUGS)) - Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE vintage!! This is a wonderful card, Darlene.

    And I'm thrilled to see that Mark is doing alright. Still keeping him and you and the medical staff in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings to you, my friend. May all continue to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear good things for you and Mark. You're card is lovely the little gold fan just finishes it off perfectly. Take Care friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is gorgeous Darlene! I really love the image and how you stamped the French Script background with it. They go together so well. And how nice of you to take the time to make cards for all the nurses. Thats so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful vintage card Darlene! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

    Take Care - Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.