Friday, April 17, 2009

Stamp Simply #83


It's Friday and time for another Stamp Simply Challenge over on Sharon Johnson's No Time To Stamp Blog! Today Sharon has asked us to "Thread it Through" ... here it is in her words:



Thread it Through! Let’s thread something through this week! Fun!!! There are punches that punch holes specifically for the purpose of threading something through, or we can make our own holes with any punch we have. We can thread ribbon or twine through button holes, or we could actually thread a needle and sew. Let your imagination and creativity run wild — just start threading, and have fun!!!



My method of "threading" was to use a "ribbon punch" by McGill and thread through this lovely organza ribbon which I purchased at a local wholesale company. My base card is Whisper White and the designer paper is from the DCWV "Old World" pack. The sentiment panel is Whisper White which was border punch using the Martha Stewart doily lace punch. I've used one of the images from the Stampin' Up "Stem Silouettes" set for the background and used SU RiverRock ink. For a finishing embellishment, I've used a couple mossy green Dewdrops.
I think it needs a little something more down in the lower right corner but ran out of time before leaving for the hospital! I may have to alter it later and edit this post ... what do you think? Any suggestions???
Thanks for stopping by ... have a wonderful day!!

7 comments:

  1. Simple yet sweet on your threading card. Wow that was a lot of cells being put into your husband. It is totally amazing and we will pray hard it all works the way it is supposed to. Take care and receive a big cyber hug, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty pretty pretty! And some more pretty! I love my "Old Word" paper pack. They look good on everything! I continue to be amazed at how much you get done as busy as you are! Way to go sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful sympathy card! Love the threaded organza ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I am going to have to try this! Beautiful colors and paper here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEEEEEEUTIFUL!!!! Love how you threaded the ribbon!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Darlene, I love the ribbon treatment and the gentle simplicity. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! I don't think I've ever done ribbon threading on a card yet. I will have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.