Monday, June 1, 2009

Fulfilling a Request ...

Recently my Mother told me that one of her "Red Hat" friends told her how much she liked my cards and asked if I would make her some. Well, of course my answer was YES!! Her request was for 3 birthday, 3 get well & 3 anniversary cards.


Today I'd like to share a few of those cards with you. This lady just wants "simple" cards so I decided to use up some of my scrap designer paper and the Stampin' Up Sassy Stems images for the Get Well cards. I stamped my images onto Whisper White paper with Versafine Black ink and after using detail clear embossing powder to emboss the image, I've used Stampin' Up watercolor pencils & blender pen to color them.

***********************


Here is one of the birthday cards I created also using up some of the designer paper scraps. After stamping my image onto Whisper White, I stamped it again onto the same scrap piece of SU Groovy Guava designer paper as I used behind the main image. Using my swivel craft knife, I've cut out the image and popped it up with dimensionals. I'm very happy with how this card looks ... simple yet elegant.



The recipe for this card is:
Stamps: SU Bloomin' Beautiful, AMuse
Paper: Whisper White, Groovy Guava, Peach cs, Groovy Guava dp
Ink: Versafine Black
Accessories: Swivel Craft Knife, Nestabilities rectangle scallop diecuts, Martha Steward doily lace border punch, Creative Memories fine tip black & round tip black markers, Michaels satin ribbon, SU green watercolor pencil & blender pen



One of my friends (Linda Davis) always makes comment to the fact that not many people show the inside of their cards so periodically I like to do just that and today is one of those days!! I've used the same image on the inside of my card, stamped in Groovy Guava then stamped the sentiment (SU Elegant Greetings) over top with Versafine Black.
Even though this is a very simple inside greeting, just by repeating the card front image behind the sentiment, it has added a larger degree of elegance (in my opinion). What do you think???



Well, I'd better get back to it. Since my mother lives an hour and a half away from me and I will be down her way on Wednesday, I'd like to have these completed to give them to her while I'm in the area. She also called me this a.m. and requested a few special cards for herself ... like I said, I'd better get back to it!! Thanks for stopping by today ... have a wonderful day!!


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous 'simple' cards Darlene. I especially love the Groovy Guava card one because I like how you stamped the inside. I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are so delicate and pretty, Darlene! I'm sure your mum's friend will adore them. Such a nice thing to do for her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.