Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sending You Sunshine ...



As you all know, my DH is once again admitted to the hospital. Luckily it's our local hospital so I'm able to go back & forth to home a lot easier than the hour trip I was making to Cleveland Clinic during his transplant. While taking a few hours at home today I was able to crank out this creation to cover the PCP (Papercraft Planet) Color Challenge and the Sketches! {by tamara} Sketch Challenge. (By the way, he is already feeling much better but I'm sure he's going to be in here for at least 3-4 more days.)


The color challenge was to use Whisper White, Basic Black and as many shades of Green as you wanted. I have used 2 shades of SU watercolor green to color the leaves on my SU Toile Blossoms image which was stamped onto Whisper White using Wild Wasabi Green ink and also sponged with Wild Wasabi before removing from the Nestabilities long rectangle diecut. My moss green grosgrain ribbon is by Offray, the green pearled brads are from Target and I have used Wild Wasabi to punch my accent sprigs with the Martha Stewart branch punch. My Wild Wasabi sentiment (Friends) is by My Sentiments Exactly and the (Sending you Sunshine) is from My Favorite Things. I have used green PK Glitz embossing glitter to add a touch of sparkle even though you can't see it in the photo. (sorry, I was in a hurry)



I did take the creative liberty of adding an additional panel under the ribbon treatment of the sketch. (Hope that doesn't disqualify my entry ... lol!) I just felt the argyle pattern needed broken up a bit before adding my main image panel and that the ribbon would show up better too.

The following is a complete list of ingredients for my card:

Stamps: SU Toile Blossoms, My Sentiments Exactly, My Favorite Things

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, The Paper Studio Inc. designer paper

Ink: Versafine black, Wild Wasabi

Accessories: Nestabilities, sponge, PK Glitz embossing glitter, SU watercolor pencils & blender pen, Offray grosgrain ribbon, Target brads, dimensional tape,

Thanks for stopping by today. Tomorrow is Sharon Johnson's (notimetostamp) STAMP SIMPLY challenge and I hope to have something to share with you.

8 comments:

  1. Glad hubby is feeling better!!!Love the green you chose - great contrast! Wonderful idea to add the black panel under your ribbon! Love the sprigs -BTW I bought my Wright's Lace at Walmart. Let me know if you need me to pick some up for you : ) Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Mom. I like the color combination. The white scalloped border really makes the sentiment piece pop. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card....that color combination is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I'm sorry to hear DH is in the hospital but glad he's closer and that he's feeling better. Sending you prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is a real beauty love everything about it. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I love the image and how you stamped the sentiment on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely stunning, Dar! I love the colors, the coloring, the punches, and that bg paper! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour combo! and the background paper is fabulous :)
    Thanks for playing along with Sketches and i hope your husband is better real soon...

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.