Friday, June 12, 2009

Stamp Simply #91 - Half Circles

What a fun challenge Sharon Johnson (notimetostamp) has for today in the STAMP SIMPLY CHALLENGE! PLEASE jump on over to her blog to see her GORGEOUS creation and don't forget to check out what her DT ladies have created for this challenge also! There are some really cool cards & projects you won't want to miss!!




I have created two cards for today's challenge! I don't always remember to "Stamp Simply" because that's not my normal style. One that I love mind you ... but rarely think to do!! On my first card I have used a summertime theme. With June being Strawberry month (at least here in NE Ohio) I thought this cute Crafty Secrets Garden Creative Scrap image and Stemma Strawberry Patch designer paper would work perfectly. This adorable little cook from the Crafty Secrets Sweet Stuff stamp set appears to be getting that strawberry mixture all ready for her pie.



The base card used here is SU Garden Green and the background panel is from the DCWV Garden Party 12x12 paper pack (just love this pack). I used my circle & scallop circle Nestabilities to cut my circles and a fine tip Creative Memories black marker to do tiny dots around the outside perimeter of the scallop matting. I have used dimensional tape to give my little cook dimension (see close up view) and did a little paper piercing around the Creative Scrap image. My red gingham ribbon is actually Michael's holiday ribbon and this is the end of it!!




******************


For my second card I tried really hard to keep it STAMP SIMPLY style. In a prior post I used this beautiful BoBunny designer paper I had just purchased and the pieces on that card were too small for you to really appreciate how pretty this paper is so I used it for my card today.



Now this is as simply stamped as you can get in my opinion. I used my Nesties to cut the circle and scallop circle then used the SU scallop border punch for the background panel. My sentiment is by Magenta and my organza ribbon is from Hobby Lobby. I used my Bow-Easy for my ribbon and added a Martha Stewart pearl for a touch of elegance.
There you have it for today! I'm sitting at Akron's City Hospital with my sweet husband and he's doing pretty good. Since he has tested positive for C-diff infection, he'll be here for a couple more days but they have his nausea under control so that's a big plus!! Thanks for all who have sent well wishes & prayers our way!!
Isn't modern technology wonderful!! Having this laptop to keep me occupied while DH is resting is awesome! Here's wishing you all a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!!

5 comments:

  1. Darlene, both of your cards are wonderful. Sorry to hear about your husband being in the hospital (must have missed that post :( ) but I will keep him and you in my prayers. Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your yummy strawberry card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, those strawberries look good! Kelsey just asked me tonight if we could buy some tomorrow! :) The birthday card is gorgeous, too! Love those colors!

    Tell Mark to let me know if his "nurse" is giving him any trouble! I can hog-tie her if needed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh...the first one is so vibrant and juicy, the second one so soft and serene. Both are beautiful in their own right!! My best to you and Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I especially love the strawberry card! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.