Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My last posting ...

for a few days!!! I know, you're probably breathing a sigh of relief ... I can get rather windy at times!! LOL!! At the end of the posting, I will tell you what I'll be up to ... I'm SO EXCITED!!!!




This card was created for today's SCS sketch challenge (SC237). Today Roxie picked a card created by Judy (StampinQueen JAR) for her sketch example. What's really cool about Judy's card being chosen for TODAY, is that today she & I are "Birthday Buddies" ... yep, we are both having a birthday today! What a sweet birthday surprise for Judy!!! Pop on over and show her some birthday love!!!
My creation today is based around PEARS ... (I don't know why!! LOL ...) My main image is from the Crafty Secrets Creative Scraps (Garden). After double matting with More Mustard & Mellow Moss cs, I distressed the edges. I created the background paper by stamping the pear image from the SU Infinite Goodness set in three different inks ... Garden Green, More Mustard & Summer Sun. On the right side I used the Martha Stewart Arch Lattice punch and on the left side I added a strip of More Mustard cardstock which I've stamped a portion of the sentiment stamp from the same stamp set "Infinite Goodness". My base card is 2 ply hunter green/ivory cardstock.
******
OKAY ... now for my exciting news!
I mentioned it in an earlier posting ... but in case you missed it ... tomorrow (A.M.) Tammy Hershberger (Stamp Happy) and myself are headed for Shipshewana, Indiana to link up with some of the ladies from Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Group!!! And that includes the QUEEN of STAMP SIMPLY herself ... Sharon Johnson!!! WOW ... how cool is that!!! I am SO EXCITED!!!!!
Tammy & I are leaving a day early because Joan Fricker (Joan's Garden) was generous enough to invite us to come stay with her for a day before linking up with the other ladies!! We are also taking an extra day coming back home so we can check out some (new to us) stamping stores on the way back through.
Don't worry now ... I will have my laptop with me and will be sharing photos along the way! Look out stamping stores in the Shipshewana, Indiana area ... HERE I COME!!!!!


7 comments:

  1. What a lush card!! I am so excited for you!! Have fun!!! A dream trip to meet up with so many wonderful people who share your hobby and stamp stores to boot...Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Dar! Love how you did the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a beautiful card! I had to pop over after Tammy mentioned it being your birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE! It sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned and I hope you all have a blast! Stop in Fairmount IN and say "Hey" to my son while you're there! LOL HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! I love how you mirrored the main image in the background. Great job with the sketch challenge. And I'm so jealous of your little trip. I'd love to spend time with you and all those other famous 'stamping ladies'. Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok... so that means you are on your way right now!! Have fun girl!!

    Beautiful card, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, have TONS of fun with Tammy, Sharon and Joan!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning card -- LOVE that image and those rich colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.