Thursday, July 23, 2009

Play Time ...

After being away for from my crafting room last weekend, I just couldn't wait to get caught up on a few challenges and of course I want to share these creations with you!!



First is the card I made for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #11. The contents of this card are as follows:

Stamps: None
Ink: None
Paper: Garden Green, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, Graphic45 designer paper
Accessories: Crafty Secrets creative scraps, Prima flowers, Making Memories brads, Martha Stewart doily lace border punch, Creative Memories corner rounder, Michael's gold metallic cording.



If you haven't checked out this blog ... you are missing a LOT OF GOOD STUFF!! There are so many things going over there that I can't even begin to tell you ... you have to check it out for yourself. I do have some BAD NEWS!! Last week while I was traveling to link up with the Stamp Simply gals ... my name was picked for the $25 Mad Money ... sounds like GOOD NEWS huh?? Well it WAS until I saw that I had to respond within 24 hours and of course that time had already passed me by ... so even though I WON ... I LOST! BUMMER!!!


*******



Okay ... on to another challenge card. This one was for the Splitcoaststampers (SCS) Sketch Challenge #238. This card literally took me 10 minutes to complete! And, I love how it turned out!! My #1 panel is a background B/W paper by Doodlebug Designs, Inc. #2 panel is a strip of Whisper White cs matted with Tempting Turquoise. For my #3 panels, I chose to use a set of inchies by Inkadinkado. Using various Gelly Roll & Spica pens, I did a little coloring on the butterfly & hummingbird. To match in with these colors , I used my new Basic Grey Opaline half pearls I purchased while visiting a few new stamping stores with my good friend, Tammy Hershberger (Stamp Happy). Hope you enjoyed this creation ... certainly was an easy peasy card.




OH ... before I forget, I want to show you the inside of this card. My friend Linda Davis often comments on how much she wished the blogging ladies would show more of the inside of their creations. Well here you go Linda ... this one's for you!! LOL!!!



**************

ONE more card to share with you today. This card doesn't fit any challenge but I have a few new images (which I colored while in Shipshewana with the SS gals) and wanted to create something with one of them. This image comes from the new Just Rite set called "Thinking of You". I stamped this image using Joan Fricker's set (Joan's Gardens) but I have to tell you ... I now have this set in my stash because Tammy (Stamp Happy) gave this set to me for my birthday last week ... just as we were about to leave for the Shipshewana trip .... HOW COOL IS THAT!!! (Thanks Tam!)
I used my SU watercolor pencils & blender pen to color in my image. I used one of Joan's Nestabilitie sets to cut/emboss it then double matted using Lavendar Lace and Basic Black cs. My background paper is from the DCWV Luxury pack, sentiment is from SU Close As A Memory set, stamped with Versafine black and embossed with detail clear. I've used Kaiser pearls in the corners and Dotted Swiss lavendar ribbon from Hobby Lobby for my embellishments. Hopefully I won't need to send this card any time soon!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today ... hope you are have a WONDERFUL day. It's a bit rainy & cool here in NE Ohio but that's okay ... my poor yard is really thirsty!!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Darlene. I've never been to the Midnight Madness blog yet...someday I will make it there! LOL! Love how this sketch and card looks like a picture hung on a wall. And you did a great job with the sketch challenge and I love the Sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been so busy. I tried to leave a comment yesterday but it wouldn't let me...Ugh. I love all of these cards Darlene. Great job. Too bad on the great win...That is frustrating..Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, what a great card. You did a beautiful job using the Thinking of You set. I love it!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.