Thursday, August 13, 2009

Color Throwdown #55

Better late than never they say!!!!





Yesterday was a busy day and the colors for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge had my brain in a whirl ... so after much thinking and pondering, I finally came up with a design. What do you think??? Kraft is my LEAST-favorite color
/cs to use so I used it as my base card and created with the other colors.





My main image is by RubberCottage.com ... the sentiment is by Rosebud Rubber Stamps and the dragonfly comes from the Stampin' Up "Infinite Goodness" set. I stamped the image onto Whisper White cs with Versafine black ink then clear embossed. I sponged over the image using More Mustard and Summer Sun inks then wiped with a clean cloth. The flowers were colored in with American Crafts gel pens. (click for larger view)




Details:
Stamps: SU Infinite Goodness, Rosebud Rubber Stamps, RubberCottage.com
Papers: Kraft, Black, White, Melon Mombo, Crushed Curry
Inks: Versafine Black, More Mustard, Summer Sun
Accessories: Martha Stewart picket fence border punch, SU Melon Mombo grosgrain ribbon, Detail Clear ep, Kaiser mini pearls, sponges, American Crafts gel pens, swivel craft knife.




Thanks for stopping by!! If time permits, I may have more to share with you today. If not, be sure to stop back tomorrow for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply posting ... she has wonderful NEWS to share with you!!!

13 comments:

  1. I think it came out great. I don't ever work with kraft paper but apparently it's very popular these days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Darlene! I love the golden yellow color, your brad placement, and the popped up dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card turned out great. Never would have thought of using colors like this together. Love the picket fence at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very pretty Darlene!!!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Darlene!! You aced these colors...Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty, Darlene!! Love the main image and that dragonfly is just great! Thanks for being a regular on the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty image, Dar!!! Love that picket fence, too!Thanks for playing with us again!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is lovely! What a lovely stamp used for the water colors! Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so funny! Kraft is my MOST favorite paper! :) That is another thing I love about these challenges: they always find a way to pull me out of my same old, same old. Your card is beautiful! Very nice work. :)

    http://ohpleasework.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your image panel is beautiful! Love your dragonfly and what you did with your brads and sentiment!! And that's coming from a kraft lover : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Rubber Cottage stamp is so pretty! Thanks for playing, Dar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool card! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful image and I love your sponged background!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.