Sunday, August 23, 2009

Featured Stamper & PCP Crafty Secrets Challenges

Happy Sunday Everyone!!



YES, I will be going back to the WHOLE FAMILY family reunion later this afternoon but first I have creations to share with you all.




Sunday is always the Featured Stamper Challenge over on SCS and today's honoree is Joanne (JoJot). Joanne is an amazingly talented stamper and it was really fun going through her gallery to pick a card to case ... not EASY mind you ... but FUN!! The card I chose can be seen HERE and I've kept the basic layout but changed the theme, colors and size as well as added ribbon and paper piecing. A couple little extras I did here were to paper piece the main image flower and to cut out the upper corner flower from the backside of the one designer paper.




Here are the details on this card:


Stamps: SU Bloomin' Beautiful, StampCraft

Papers: Whisper White, Soft Sky, SU Urban Garden dp

Inks: Versafine black

Accessories: Nestabilities, Paper Piercer / template, swivel craft knife, Creative Memories decorative corner punch, dimensionals, Making Memories brads, Offray ribbon


***************************



Every Sunday morning I have the pleasure of hosting the challenge over on the Papercraft Planet for the Heartwarming Vintage/Crafty Secrets Group. This week it's all about RIBBONS.






There is NO stamping on this card and for my main focus, I have used an image from the Crafty Secrets HOMEMADE images & journaling notes pack. The eggs were on the lower (journaling) portion and I've used my Fiskars swivel craft knife to cut them out to add to the bottom corner. I'm sure you can't read what is written on the eggs so let me tell you what they say ... "Health, Happiness, Prosperity". I've used some gorgeous ribbon I was fortunate enough to receive from the lovely Sharon Johnson during our Stamp Simply Get Together last month over in Shipshewana, IN. I've also used the BOW EASY tool which I purchased from Sharon's store to make this lovely bow. The papers I have used for this creation are Crushed Curry, Only Orange and SU Tea Party dp.






Well ... guess I'd better get going or I'll be late for the reunion!! Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back later with a couple other challenge cards for you to hopefully be inspired by!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards. I love the sky blue and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Love your colors and paper piecing!! I don't know if I have ever seen that flower paper pieced before - looks wonderful! Hope you had a weekend filled with fabulous memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, Dar! Love the colors on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so fresh and fun! Love the bright colors too! ((HUGS))- Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.