Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Crafty Secrets - Homemade Embellishments

Today's Crafty Secrets Forum Challenge over on SplitcoastStampers is hosted by LoriLynn. She has asked us to make homemade embellishments to use on our creations. Now anyone who knows me knows that I'm "not so good at this sort of thing"! I am crafty ... just not in this manner!! But with a little help from my NEW Spellbinder's Shapeabilities Holiday Cheer diecuts (another purchase from this past weekend's N.C. trip), I was successful with my creation. What do you think???




I rummaged around in my Christmas wrappings,etc. and found a couple squares of felt ... and my new Spellbinder Shapeabilities were laying on my worktable ... hence the brillant idea to create a Christmas scene. There are NO stamps or ink used on this creation. With these adorable images from the Crafty Secrets Christmas Images & Journal Notes booklet ... not much more was required! The background paper is by The Paper Patch ... the vintage tag sentiment is by K&Company ... and the felt poinsetta & leaf is from Hero Arts. I did add a little sparkle by using my Quickie glue pen and PKGlitz glitter. SANTA was actually on the lower (journaling) portion of this booklet page but I decided to cut him out and put him in the foreground of my card ... afterall, he's taking notes!!!



Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you enjoyed my card and please, if you have any Crafty Secrets products, please come join us!!! We have a great time week after week!!

4 comments:

  1. Darlene this is GREAT!!! LOVE all your elements on this great!! FAB Christmas design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, of course, Darlene--it's adorable! You ARE crafty! You just need to unleash the side with needle & thread in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Brilliant use of the felt. All the elements worked perfectly. And you ended up with a terrific card. The little girl going for the stocking image is adorable and I like the santa too. Hopefully all the notes hes taking on me are positive ones : )
    very creative and I love the total look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever Darlene!! What a brilliant display of collage!! :) I love the vintage feel of this!! Adorable! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.