Sunday, November 1, 2009

Papercraft Planet - Crafty Secrets Challenge

There's a new challenge for NOVEMBER over in the Heartwarming Vintage/ Crafty Secrets group at Papercraft Planet. This month we are to "BE THANKFUL". The interpretation is open to what/where/when/who you are THANKSFUL. Could be for Thanksgiving, a Thank You for a gift received or simply Thanks to someone for just being there when you needed a shoulder to lean on.

Today I chose to make 2 creations. The first one is for Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I feel this is rapidly becoming a LOST holiday ... when it should be one of the more important ones!! I've used one of Crafty Secrets Cotton Scraps (Thanksgiving) ... I've actually scanned & printed it so I could use my Nestabilities scallop rectangles to cut it out and mat it. My basecard is Chocolate cs, the background panel and lower strip are from the Debbie Mumm Holiday & Harvest pack from JoAnn's and the main image matting is Really Rust cs. My only embellishments are these lovely copper half pearls by Kaiser that I purchased last week at Joan's Gardens.


My second creation is a simple THANK YOU card using images from the Crafty Secrets Glamour Girl large stamp set.

Recipe for this card:
Stamps: Crafty Secrets Glamour Girls
Papers: Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, Whisper White, scrap of dp
Inks: Versafine black
Accessories: Spellbinder Nestabilities Classic Heart and Scallop Heart diecuts, Kaiser half pearls


A pretty easy peasy creation but it "says it all". If you have any Heartwarming Vintage/Crafty Secrets/Clear Arts Stamps ... won't you please come join in on the fun. One lucky winner will also receive some "goodies" donated by Sandy Redburn, owner of Crafty Secrets.

The lucky winner in OCTOBER's challenge ... use the color ORANGE ... was AMY JOHNSON! Congratulations to Amy! I can't wait to see your creations and maybe YOU will be this month's lucky winner!!

Thanks for popping by today. I always enjoy your comments & suggestions ... certainly MAKES MY DAY!!!

8 comments:

  1. Great cards. Love the colors for the fall card. Those copper half pears are beautiful. But then, you know how I love copper. The corner stamps on your Thank you card are fabulous. Like how you used pearls as the center of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your pearls Darlene! I really need to get more (note to self)! Your first image is just darling, and I love those 4 squares on the bottom, very nicely done!

    The second one is very sweet and elegant! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Darlene! And what a wonderful theme you chose for the challenge this month! I'll pop on over to PCP and get started! Thanks for your sweet visit today--you always make me smile, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great cards Dar. Love the image on the first one and your coloring is incredible, as always! the second one is simply elegant. Thanks for your prayers!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dar! I popped over, and I'm in love with your new blog design! These are adorable cards, as usual! I always enjoy my visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!! What a precious image!! What a wonderful creation hun!! Your second card is soo elegant hun!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those! I really need to get more of their products considering how into vintage I am! grins! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.