Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cuttlebugging & Glitz

While sharing crafting time with friends on Friday, Carol Smuts brought & shared her new Holiday Cuttlebug embossing folders with us and I wanted to show you a couple of creations I have made using these folders. She also directed me to the CuttlebugChallenge Blog and wanting to play along this week, I have created with this first card. The theme of the challenge is to use your cuttlebug and GLITZ. Here I have cuttlebugged on silver metallic cardstock then used Green & Silver Stickles to add Glitz to parts of the embossed image. My sentiment is a K&Co. chipboard and the flowers are from Prima.
Using the same embossing folder on red cardstock and adding Green & Gold Stickles I was able to quickly create this beautiful card. My image/sentiment are from the Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas stamp set and I've used this card for the Heartwarming Vintage/Crafty Secrets Challenge for December over on PaperCraft Planet. Using these embossing folders certainly make quick work of holiday cards!!
Speaking of QUICK CARDS ... this creation took all of 5 minutes! Boy, you can't beat that during this busy holiday time!! Using Holiday Green cardstock and this new holiday embossing folder ... my card is all but complete!! I've simply placed it on a burgundy card base, punched out a few circles & snowflake, added a touch of Stickles on the snowflake and viola ... card complete!! How's that for quick card making!!!!
Either of these first two cards also qualify for the Stamp Something - Glitz Challenge so I'll be adding them to that blog challenge as well. Love to share new ideas and I'm really thrilled with the quick turnout of these creations.
Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you are enjoying your weekend ... maybe decorating with Christmas music in the background ... or shopping online with the same music playing! Whatever you are doing ... hope it has put a smile on your face! Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. WOW - you were busy weren't you??
    These are excellent! Must admit, I don't use embossing much - must put that right VERY soon!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage look of the first two cards, and the third one is so festive. It's so amazing how productive you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I like how you pulled out the embossing with the stickles. Nice start on your Christmas cards, huh?! I think my favorite is the "easiest".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards. I love all the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your quick cards Darlene!! I need to do some of these. just hope they are as beautiful as yours. Love the dry embossing!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, Darlene! What beautiful cards today! So much embossed beauty!

    Thanks for your visit and your sweet words--you always make me smile!

    Hope you're having a beautiful December day--see you over at SCS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweetie!! WOWZER!!! These cards are all so festive and so elegant looking!! I have got to get me some of them gorgeous flowers! They look beautiful paired with your embsossing!! ;) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! I love the look of the stickles over the embossed metallic cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are all pretty, but the silver is my favorite!!

    Im so happy you took the bling challenge at cuttlebug challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, fabulous cards. thanks for playing with us at stamp something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love the embossing and especially the "glitz".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.