Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Practical Scrappers & Winter Wonderland Challenges

Good evening everyone! I hope you've had a great day! I know I have ... I popped in on a friend and had a wonderful visit. She (Lana Edwards) is such a talented crafter, just being around her inspired me to come home and do a little crafting of my own. So with that in mind ... remember the Sugar Nellie image I "couldn't" use on the creation from my last post? Well, I decided to use her on this creation which covers the WINTER theme for the Practical Scrappers Challenge and the THANK YOU theme for the Winter Wonderland Challenge.

My base is a two-ply navy/white card and the designer paper is from a Debbie Mumm holiday pack from JoAnn's. I've torn white cardstock, stacked, and edged with Martha Stewart craft glue and DecoArt Glamour Dust. My THANK YOU sentiment is handwritten spelled out in the red snowflakes punched with a Creative Memories snowflake punch. Willow was colored using Prismacolor Markers and I've used the DecoArt Glamour Dust to add a little extra sparkle to her cuffs & earmuffs (don't think you can see that in the photo).


Thanks to these new (to me) challenge blogs and a good friends ... I finally feel like my mojo is back! YEAH!!! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!

13 comments:

  1. What a sweet winter scene Darlene!!! So gorgeous!! love all the dimension and texture!! Cute image!!

    Happy New Year my friend!!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene this is BEAUTIFUL!!! I just love this image!!!! The sentiment on those snowflakes what a great idea!!!!!! Fantastic card girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to use your image after all.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Winter Wonderland hun!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just darling! Such a cozy, frosty setting you've created for that sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene this is a brilliant Thank You card, I wish I could write like you...can I borrow your hands please...LOL. Thank you so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week and I wish you a Happy New Year. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, great work on your winter card. Is that glitter, flocking, something else for the snow? I love it. Thanks for playing along with us at PS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card....love the way the title is set....and the hills of snow are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this winter card...so cute...Love how you did the snow and what a beautiful stamp..TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is GORGEOUS!!! I love your layered snow & your colouring is awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable Darlene.. I love the way you added the snowy hills.. She is so cute. Wish we lived closer so we could stamp together.. Have a terrific New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Darlene

    Fantastic card! I love the image you have used and scene you created, thanks for joining us at ww

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is just Gorgeous! Thanks for joining in with Winter Wonderland.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous card! I love how you've coloured the image!

    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.