Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A little playtime ...

... and wanted to share my creations with YOU!!!

The Crafty Secret Forum Challenge over on SCS this week is hosted by Marcy and she has asked us to use TEXTURE.  So here is what I have come up with.  
 
For my texture, I have run by background designer paper through the Cuttlebug using the Stylized Flower embossing folder, then sponged a little old olive ink over top to help show it off.  My images are from the Crafty Secrets Garden Girls set and after cutting/matting with my Classic Circles Nestabilities, I double matted it with a paper doily.  I added Hero Arts gems here and there on the doily for a little EXTRA texture.  

My satin ribbon ON satin ribbon was adorned with EK Success paper flowers & leaves for yet more texture.  So, what do you think???  Not bad since I wasn't really sure what the "actual challenge" was ... simply hoped I had guessed the clues correctly!! 

******
While sitting in the hospital waiting room yesterday, I decided to get caught up on some of my image coloring.  Melanie over at *Wink *Wink Ink just came out with this adorable "Little Bird" digi and I couldn't wait to get her colored and designed.  Please pop over to her STORE and see all the new, fun creations she has come up with!!

I have to say my "coloring conditions" were NOT the best but it did occupy my time and helped me get ahead "a little"!  LOL!!  Oh, by the way, this adorable set also comes with a variety of sentiments ... you really must check it out!!!  Unfortunately, I didn't print them out when I printed my image to color so I just used an Art Impressions stamp I had available at the time.

Here are the details of this card:
Stamps:  Art Impressions, Wink Wink Ink digi
Papers:  Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Grey Wisteria dp
Inks:  Rich Razzleberry
Accessories:  Prismacolor markers, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol, Darice Hemp, chalk, makeup applicator, Basic Grey Opaline pearls, SU Rich Razzleberry grosgrain ribbon, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch, Nestabilities scallop rectangles dies, Mermaid Glitz Stickles, Fiskars postage stamp scissors

Thanks so much for stopping by today and letting me share my creations with you!!  The sun is shining today so I guess I should come up out of the crafting cave and get some housework done ... drat ... I'd rather be crafting!!  Later my friends!!

7 comments:

  1. These are great Darlene, you have been a busy lady!!! Fabulous creations.......Hope you are enjoying the sun today!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear about your husbands results. Praise God! My dad had good results, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, Darlene! I'm off to upload mine on Splitcoast--you just reminded me that I forgot to do that earlier! It's been a busy day!

    Hope everything's going well! Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so adorable Darlene!! Love the green and brown combo with the vintage feel on the first and the cheery coloring of the sweet image on the second!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I adore your Vintage image and that sentiment is just the truth!! :) You've done a brilliant job with coloring the WWI girl!! Too darn CUTE!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.