Saturday, March 20, 2010

We NEED Your PRAYERS ... (UPDATE at the end of post)

(If you are here for the Saturday Spotlight, please scroll down)

 About 10:30 last evening I received a text message from my daughter letting me know that my grand-daughter Morgan's VERY close friend, (they were boyfriend/girlfriend until the end of January) C J is his name, was in a very serious car crash and had been life flighted to University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.  He had neck, spine & internal injuries and was in surgery.

At 6:00 this morning she called to tell me that they were on their way to the hospital because things didn't look good. It is now 7:00 a.m. and she just called to let me know that they made it to the hospital safely, and CJ's sister was hoping to get Morgan in to see him before he has to go back into surgery.  I guess there are more internal injuries than first anticipated and they have called in Pastor Bob.  

CJ had started coming to church with Morgan when they were dating and has continued to come even though they are no longer dating.  Morgan & CJ have remained close friends and they all think very highly of Pastor Bob.  I'm glad he's there to help them all deal with this terrible situation and what ever may lay ahead.

If you would, please say a prayer for this young man ... I think he's going to need all the prayers we can offer up!  Thanks so much!

Darlene 

** UPDATE **
It's 1:00 p.m. and my daughter just called with an update!  CJ is out of surgery and things are looking better than expected!!  Praise God!!  He still has a long way to go and more surgery ahead but he is awake and recognizing everyone!  

Luckily, he has no serious head injuries!  He does however have a broken neck (which for now they have him in a body collar and discussing if a halo is required).  The biggest concern right now are the 4 breaks in his Pelvis.  They have done temporary surgery to stabilize it but due to the risk of infection ... need to wait before surgery can be performed for a permanent fix. He is able to wiggle his toes so that is a very good sign!! He has a broken arm but obviously that not of much concern right now!  He also has a ruptured bladder & I believe small intestine.  

He was very happy to have Morgan at his side and as much as she didn't want to leave, she knew her mother was right when she said he needed to rest now so his body could start to heal!   We would appreciate it if you continue to keep him in your prayers and I will be sure to keep you updated on his progress!  THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!!  GOD'S WORK IS BEING DONE!!!

19 comments:

  1. Dear Darlene,

    I'm so very sorry to hear about CJ's accident! CJ, his family, and Morgan are in my prayers! Please keep us posted...

    Hugs
    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Darlene,

    My prayers are with your daughter, grand-daughter, C.j.s family and C.j. How awful!! It brings tears to my ears to hear such a tragic story. I will be thinking and praying for them. I pray all goes well and that this young man's life is spared.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darlene,
    How awful for all of you. I will keep you all in my prayers and my fingers crossed that he pulls through.
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dar,
    Your little family and CJ's family are in my thoughts and prayers. This is so very tragic. I'm sure that Pastor Bob is giving strength and guidance to the family. Please give Morgan and CJ's family our love and prayers.
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Darlene what a heart wrenching story...it breaks my heart to hear you guys are going through this...Lots of prayers for CJ, his family, and your family sweetie. Big Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts and hopes are with him! You know I don't do prayers, so I hope my thoughts are good enough. . .
    Hugs,
    Teri xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear this! I worry about my own son so much everytime he takes off with the car. I hope C.J. will be o.k. I've sent a quick prayer up for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Darlene, I am so sorry! I will definitely say a prayer this morning for CJ and his family and friends. I hope he pulls through. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a difficult time for you all. I will certainly be praying for each of you.
    Please keep us posted!
    *prayers*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear this, Darlene! Of course he'll be in my prayers. I'm sure it will mean a lot to have Morgan there...I'll check back later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene, I am praying for CJ,his family,friends and Dr's. Our God is an AWESOME God we know he is in GREAT HANDS!! Tons of hugs to all through this tough time!
    In Christ's love
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Darlene.. This is so sad.. I will be praying for him tonight.. It is so scary.. I know it must be so upsetting to Morgan and all of you.. God can do great things.. Keep me updated.. Huge hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG this is so sad...my thought and prayers are with CJ. May God watch and heal him quickly!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darlene, thank you so much for the update and so glad to hear that things are better than they thought for CJ. I am glad Morgan could be with him as I am sure that was a huge comfort to him. I will continue to pray for him and please keep us updated.

    Cute card! I like how you did the triangles at different angles and how you matted them. Great job!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no! Thankful that CJ is doing somewhat better and the outlook is not as grim. I will definitely keep him in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Darlene, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope that your granddaughter is doing ok. Prayers for continued improvement with CJ

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dar, I'm so sorry to hear about your news, but glad to know is doing OK. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers sweetie!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sad but I'm glad you were able to get a positive update...looks like all our prayers are working!!
    Will continue to think about him and hope for even better news!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It will be 6months since the accident, and just a week ago CJ came home from the hospitals and rehab centers. I can not thank everybody enough for their support threw this whole ordeal. it has been a great challenge. and now cj has still some continued rehab to do to completely re learn how to walk again, but he is on his feet and looks amazing. And for those of you who are wondering... yes CJ and I are back together, and stronger then ever. God has a plan for everything that happens. and i am so thankful that his plan this time did not involve taking such a young life from this earth.With all my love, thank you.

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.