Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crafty Secrets #126 and Sew Many Cards


Good Morning Everyone!

I have a very busy day planned but before I get started I wanted to share a few creations with you.  First is my card for the Crafty Secrets challenge posted yesterday on the SCS Crafty Secrets forum.  Our hostess, Lori Lynn, has asked us to use the colors Red, White & Blue but in a non-patriotic way.  The girls are really coming up with some amazing creations.  You can view them HERE in the CSSC126 gallery.  This is what I came up with.

 (click image to enlarge)
This adorable image comes from the Crafty Secrets Homemade Booklet and the sentiment is Inkadinkado.  Aren't these kids adorable!!!  If you look closely, it is bordered with Diamond Stickles to give it that little added sparkle.
*******
Next are a couple of cards created using adorable digi images from Sew Many Cards & Digital Stamps.  Angela is so talented and her creations are too cute!!  
 (click image to enlarge)
First is a fun image called "Eris watering flower on a spring day".  I actually was able to use up some of the scraps laying about on this creation and am very pleased with the outcome.  

 (click image to enlarge)
Next is this sweet hummingbird image called "Halo the Hummingbird" and I think I will send this to "someone special ... you know who you are" ... who is always going in 10 different directions at the same time!!

I've colored my image using Prismacolor markers then after cutting it out with a Fiskars swivel craft knife, I layered it over a panel of white which was cut out with the Nestabilities Blossom die.  Faux stitching was done with a fine tip black marker ... as was the stitching on the sentiment panel.  

Okay ... play time is over for now!  I'd better get my work done!  The weather here in N.E. Ohio is in the low 70s (perfect for working outdoors ... in my opinion) so I'd better get to it!!  Happy Day to you all and thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. I am coming to visit you as the weather here in NC is in the 90s... These are all wonderful cards.. What a sweet image on the first one.. Great job Darlene...Hope you have a super holiday weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these are wonderful darlene, love the little girls!!!

    we're having perfect weather right now too....enjoy your day
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you having nice weather..Your cards are all just darling..You have been busy..Great job on all..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! Love those little girls...they're so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet cards! The kids in the first one remind me of the Campbell soup kids. I love your hummingbird card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.