Sunday, May 22, 2011

Joan's Gardens #19 - Summer Finale

This week at Joan's Gardens, Joan is combining her two challenges and asking us to make a Card with Matching Tag.  What a clever idea to finish out her challenges until Fall.


 (click on image to enlarge)
 Hubby & I worked outside all morning (rains have held off so far) and got the decking pad releveled and some trimming done on some of the greenery around the deck.  So now that it's mid afternoon and the sun is too hot for me ... I decided to come down to my 'crafting cave' and play around a bit.

(click on image to enlarge)


I wasn't really sure where to begin on this project but I figured BIRTHDAY is always a safe bet for tags or cards.  Then I started looking through my 'new' stack of K& Company designer paper pads and this sheet with the aqua butterfly just popped out at me.

The fact that I had a scrap piece of aqua cardstock and a roll of aqua satin ribbon sitting close by ... clinched the deal for me!  

The Martha Stewart Lacy Butterfly punch worked perfectly for both pieces ... I just added a little glue & Deco Art Glamour Dust for that added 'sparkle'.

On the card I had extra room so I thought a butterfly centered Prima flower with aqua pronds (MS punch) would work ... and it did ... perfectly.  I really like how that looks (have to keep that idea in mind for the future).

If you've never been to Joan's Gardens ... by all means, you must stop over and see all the wonderful products she carries in her store as well as inspirational creations.  Joan has another workshop coming up the end of June and I'm thrilled to say I will be attending once again.  I ALWAYS learn such wonderful tricks and techniques at her workshops that the 5 hour drive is MORE than worth it!!  Besides we've become friends and I just LOVE spending time with her & her wonderful hubby Jon!

Other challenges I'd like to share these creations with are:
The Emerald Faerie Garden - Anything Goes
I Did It Creations - Anything Goes
Allsorts - Birthday
Ellephanatstic - Birthday Party
 Less Is More - Butterflies
 Little Claire's Designs - Sparkle
Shannon's Sentiments - Birthdays
Stamp Something - Beachy Colors
Shelly's Images - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you've had as great a weekend as I have!  Didn't do anything SPECIAL ... just enjoyed the sunshine ... grilled out with the neighbors and thanked God for all his blessings!!!


Hugs to you all!
Darlene



Don't forget to check out my SPRINGTIME BLOG CANDY  going on through Memorial Day! Time is running out to enter . . .

27 comments:

  1. Wow, what a Stunning card and the Tag as well. I love the colours. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, stunning colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, I absolutely love this. I think it is one of my favorite things you have created. Great colors too. Beautiful.

    Thanks so much for joining us for Joan's Gardens Card and Tag Challenge. Even though we are stopping them for the summer, keep on stopping by as Selma and I have some fun things planned. Thanks again for your continued participation in all the challenges. I can't wait to see you again!

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, this is just stunning. It caught my eye on the dashboard right away. I love these colors and your LO using the papers is lovely. Beautiful job on these. So glad you had a great weekend, so have we and so thankful for all God blesses us with, counting you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag and card. Thanks for joining us at IDIC and Shannon's Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your color combination!! The butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Dar! I love my K & Company papers too! Love working with you at Shelly's! You are so positive and such an encourager! I'm off to check out Joan's Gardens!


    I'm so glad that you joined us at Shelly's Images Show Us What You Got Challenge and I hope we see more of your creations in the future!

    ~kurlygirl Kurly-Q

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card and tag! What great colours, just love your butterflies! Thanks for joining in at Ellephantastic. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a gorgeous card, Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. FABULOUS and who wouldn't like to receive a card like this and a gift with the matching tag - gr8 idea

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. How PRETTY! I love the fonts in the sentiments too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Inspiring work, Darlene! Your card and tag are stunning. Talk about nailing both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my this is so pretty!! Thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning! And what a fabulous colour combo.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for entering this creation in our Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for sharing you lovely card with us at Allsorts this week, but the photo inspiration theme does need to be used to be in with a chance of winning.

    You are very welcome to join in with another piece of work.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for entering this creation in our Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a lovely project.

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire for our fortnightly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Darlene these are so gorgeous. The color combination is very eye catching. I love the butterflies. Really stunning! Thanks for joining us in the challenges at Joan's Gardens. We have more fun things planned for the summer and hope you will join us in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of your best creations Darlene,,,,,,my favorite without any doubt,,,,,,,OMG, i love the way you place the butterfly,,,,,Absolutely AMAZING,,,,,,PERFECT.,

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Darlene, really lovely card and tag. I love the butterflies and the beautiful ribbon! Thanks for joining us for the Ellephantastic challenge this month
    hugs
    Michelle
    Elle DT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. congraution on you your win at joans garden. Your card and tag are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card and tag.

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire Designs.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations...and what a beauty you created!!!!! Looks like a wonderful birthday card to receive!!!! WAY to go!

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous card and tag !!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at IDIC challenge blog this week

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your tag is just beautiful Darlene and I love the colours you have used.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.