Tuesday, May 10, 2011

SO MUCH TO SHARE TODAY . . .


HELLO EVERYONE and HAPPY TUESDAY TO YOU!!

I have so much to share with you today so let's get started!!  First is the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge (#103).  Today I again went with the CAS sketch.  It was a better fit for the creation I had in mind.  I also rotated the sketch.

Today I'm using the 'priscilla styles' image POTTED FLOWERS as my focus.  And since I love the color purple ... that is my color of choice today!  I created my background paper using Versamark and Tim Holtz distress ink along with an old SU set (can't even remember the name) but the flower matched!  Coloring was done with Prismacolor markers

(click image to enlarge)

If you've never been over to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge ... you are not only missing out on a wonderful challenge but AMAZING PRIZES ARE GIVEN AWAY ROUTINELY ... be sure to pop over and check it out ... I promise you won't be sorry!!!

* * * * *
The next challenge creation to share with you today is for the Crafty Secrets forum of Splitcoast Stampers where I am your hostess today.  I decided to have the ladies create a card using a the RECIPE of (1) image/sentiment ... (2) designer papers ... (3) embellishments.
 (click on image to enlarge)
I used the sentiment from the Crafty Secrets ROSE SM31 stamp set as my focus.  Designer paper is from K&Co. and the embellishments are MS butterfly with blue stickles, Kaiser pearls and Michaels satin ribbon (bow created using the Bow Easy).  On the 2 dp panels, I didn't want to add another layer of paper so I edged each one using a Gold Pilot Marker ... works great!
* * * * *
And the third challenge creation I have to share with you today is for the card challenge over on Joan's Gardens.  Joan's recipe for today is:
■  Colors -Blue/Green
■  Use a Lady
■  Include a Large Embellishment
■  Attach a bow

 Please be sure to pop over and check out this challenge.  Joan always comes up with wonderful ideas and beautiful samples to inspire you.  She also shares a TAG CHALLENGE on Tuesdays ... you'll want to check that out too!  Okay ... here's my card ...

I've really cheated on this one ... (NO STAMPING AT ALL).  The image is from the "Fashion" Collage Pack put out by TJ Designs.  I purchased it LAST YEAR at convention and just LOVE the vintage images and truth be told ... I hoard them  ... ssshhh don't tell .. people will think I'm crazy!  But they are so cool I hate to part with them!
The designer paper is from K&Co and the 'lace' is actually sticker lace from Mrs. Grossman. 


Well it's early morning and I hear hubby in the shower ... guess I'd better go get his breakfast ready!  Hope you all have a WONDERFUL day!  I'm headed over to PA (once again) ... this time to help a friend finish moving her household belongings back to Ohio.  The sun is going to shine ... so hopefully it will work out smoothly ... nothing worse than trying to move in the rain ... Uuuugh!


HAPPY DAY MY FRIENDS!
Darlene



Don't forget to check out my SPRINGTIME BLOG CANDY going on through Memorial Day! 

8 comments:

  1. You certainly have been busy! Great cards - love your coloring and the lace stickers! Hope you had a good day in PA : ) - I'll try not to be jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been busy! I just love your cards.
    Hugs,
    Valerie M
    PSDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty cards. And what a fun take on the MM sketch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness SKetch Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of beauties today ... I love your MM card, such a great image and you did a fantastic job with your design elements. Beautiful recipe on your host card and tfs the tip on the gold pen. And for Joan's card, I love your lady and have been known to hoard a few things myself.lol I have found some lovely vintage items online and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Darlene - you are one busy lady - it just seems to make you more inspiring! I love all of your cards especially the MMSC card. Those flowers look divine - the colours are gorgeous and look food enough to pick! It is always a treat to visit with you my friend! Thansk you for playing along with the MMSC!! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, I love all your cards. You have been one busy girl. You are creative. I have never seen anything you made that I didn't love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards. I love the framed purple flowers
    LindaS/"priscillastyles"DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What scrumptious flowers Darlene! This is a gorgeous card and so glad we're going to be team mates on MMSC!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.