Thursday, August 4, 2011

A FUN CARD ..and .. A FUN TIME

I'm running a bit 'behind' (AGAIN) and want to quickly share this card with you and get it posted over onto the challenge blog.  I'm talking about the STITCHING CHALLENGE going on over at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge Blog. I chose to use FAUX STITCHING (not good with that blasted machine) as well as the stitching on the ribbon.  GREAT fun!  AND ... If you're considering applying for a design team spot ... check out Pattie's DT Call going on right now!  This would be a FUN PLACE to design!!
 
(click on image to enlarge)
I have used one of Pattie's freebies ... isn't he just the cutest little guy!!  Thought it would put a smile on the face of a friend who has been 'down in the dumps' lately!!  I think I might even add 'googlie eyes' on it before sending!  Just for an added chuckle!
* * * * *
Besides my card, I wanted to share a few photos of the group I met up with over in Pennsylvania on Tuesday for a little 'card class'.  Currently the group consists of only a dozen or so members now and they all have MS in common.  That was the basis of beginning this group back in the 1970s.  Some of the ladies couldn't make it so the sponsor invited a few of her relatives & friends to make up the difference.  We had a GRAND TIME!

We made two cards and I took along various sentiment stamps so they could customize them to fit their needs.

Old or young ... fun was had by all and they asked if they could do it again sometime!  Of course I told them to just let me know when & where! 
It's always heart warming to share my love of cardmaking with others, and the fact they they enjoyed it so much, really MADE MY DAY!  Maybe I should check around at the senior centers here in Akron, OH and see if they'd be interested in doing something like this!  I say that because of the comment one of the older ladies said to me. And I quote, "This sure beats sitting at home and falling asleep in my chair!" 

Here are the two cards we created:


Have a wonderful day!  See you later!
Hugs
Dar

6 comments:

  1. Darlene - you colored the frog image so perfectly, looks real! If you rub it will he ribbit!
    Perfect sentiment for this, and I love the water DP.
    Thanks for playing in our 'STITCHING' Challenge #27!
    ♥ Sandi
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Darlene! What a cute card. Love your image.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute little card and love that froggy. He will be cute with google eyes! How fun to teach this class. I used to do that at a retirement home and they sure enjoyed being creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card. Love the blue background - it's so cool for the frog. Thanks for joining Pattie's Creations Design Challenge LindaS/PCDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards...loved u sharing with us the picture of your group from Pa. How did u start with MS in 1970? It must be so great to teach others to stamp and make cards. You should feel so blessed to be able to do that. I could not as I have trouble being in front of people. Great job Dar and keep up the inspiration you give to us. ekc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene - Congrats on being picked as TOP 3 at our challenge. Please grab 'Allie's Top 3 Badge' (the Blue one) and place on your sidebar to be eligible for our monthly draw on August 31st.
    ♥ Sandi
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    I think you have an old badge on your sidebar. We'll be updating the badges in October when the new DT starts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.