Thursday, March 29, 2012

Joan's Gardens Challenge #12

Holy Moly ... another week is nearly gone 
AND the 1st quarter of 2012 is nearly over too!  
YIKES ... Time is certainly 'MARCHING ON'!

I missed last week's Joan's Gardens challenge due to actually BEING at Joan's Gardens preparing for the fun workshop weekend but I'm back again for today's AWESOME challenge.  This week, we are making a Post It Note Cover and here are the additional requirements:

  •  Cover a Post A note
  • Use some kind of  Die Cut for a background
  • Purple is this week's color
  • Use a butterfly or something from nature
Since I just learned over the weekend at Joan's how to make ROSES using the PunchBunch Begonia punch, that is what I chose to use on the top of my Post-It Note cover today.  I've also used a few other 'goodies' I purchased at Joan's Gardens.  
(See List Below)

I have used three colors on my cover & flower ... deep purple, orchid and pink.  On the 'pink' backing panel, I have inked the edges with TH 'Dusty Concord' distress ink and run it through the Cuttlebug using the 'Textile' embossing folder.  Diamond Dust was used on the flower petals and Deco Art Glamour Dust was used on the butterfly.


Here is the list I promised you:
Papers:  Deep Purple, Orchid, White and Pink cardstock
Accessories:  PunchBunch Begonia punch, Marianne LR0156 leaf die, Cheery Lynn Designs DL112 Exotic Butterfly small die, Cheery Lynn Designs B151 Cuties 3 Border/Flower die, Martha Stewart Branch punch, Deco Art Glamour Dust, Twinklets Diamond Dust, McGill Flower Making Kit, McGill Flower Making mat, Tim Holtz Dusty Concord distress ink, Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder

Items in RED were purchased through Joan's Gardens.

If you've never been to Joan's site ... NOW'S THE TIME!  She's got some fabulous sales going on and a lot of new products in stock too!  Pop on over ... check it out ... and play the challenge!  You'll have so much fun!  THANKS so much to Joan & Selma for always CHALLENGING us week to week!
Fabulous ideas and inspiration!

Other Qualifying Challenges:
Samuel Taylors Crafts - Butterflies
Creative Belli Blog - Use three shapes (butterfly, flower petals, leaves)

The prize this month at Samuel Taylors Crafts is:
* A Marianne Design Butterfly Die.
* Anita's Flitter Fairy Wing Butterflies
* Kaisercraft Wire Flutterby and,
* Some summery orange/yellow buttons.

  
Happy Day Everyone!!
Time for me to quit PLAYING and get some WORK done!  
Hugs
Darlene

11 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene. Your note pad is gorgeous. Silly me, made the notepad and put it on my blog ,then when I went to add it to the challenge I noticed it had to be purple with a butterfly. Will try to get another one done to-morrow. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just awesome... what more can I say. Fabulous work thanks for sharing
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene,

    So much fun at Joan's -I love the note cover -and the way you took care of everything for me there.
    Keep up the good work
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, thank you so much for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful item, you have made it so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, Darlene. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely project. Thank you for sharing it at Rainbow Lady's this week
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful is this wonderful post-it holder. I LOVE the Rose -beautiful- love the leaf die- I should have gotten that....!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, This is beautiful! You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just WOW, great colour! Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dark purple. Great job with the flower punch. The butterflies are fabulous with their sparkles. Thanks for sharing on the Belli Challenge for 3 Different Shapes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.