Thursday, March 29, 2012

Shelly's Images Challenge

It's time for another challenge at Shelly's Images!

Today's challenge theme is:

SHOW US YOUR STRIPES
(incorporate Stripes into your card/project)

Our FEATURED IMAGE for you today is EASTER CHICK
EASTER CHICK
This poor little guy looks like some of that pretty Easter Egg Coloring has soaked into his feathers!  Yikes!  Do you remember when you used to buy COLORED peeps/chicks for your kids for Easter?  YES ... LIVE CHICKS that had been 'dyed' Easter colors.  I don't think you're allowed to do that anymore ... haven't seen them in YEARS!!

WHOA!  I was having so much fun coloring, cutting and creating with this cute chick that I nearly forgot about the THEME of today's challenge!  Ooops!  So, I quickly added a piece of 'STRIPED' ribbon on my card ... hey, at least I DID remember!  LOL!!

First I used pastel pencils to color my image ... then I went over the 'decorated' parts with Martha Stewart Glitter Markers.  My Happy Easter dp is from DCWV and the Easter Egg paper is from Paper Pizazz.  I've used a Fiskars swivel craft knife to cut out my EASTER CHICK image then popped them up with Pop Dots.  A coat of SU Crystal Effects covers the Egg portion of this digi and just the decorated portion on the chick (see below).

Sorry ... the one decorated area looks to be BLACK ... it is NOT ... it is actually PURPLE and looks really great IRL ... somehow the camera doesn't always give me the purple colors I desire!

I hope you'll come join in our fun at Shelly's Images and remember, you can get today's FEATURED IMAGE at a REDUCED PRICE ... TODAY ONLY!!  

See you at Shelly's!!
Hugs,
Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.