Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Three Fold Card + Photo Tutorial

Hello Everyone!
I hope you had a fabulous holiday weekend!  How about that gorgeous weather (at least for those of us in NE Ohio) ... unfortunately it was TOO hot for me (90s) so hubby & I stayed indoors most of the weekend, enjoyed the A/C and watched movies.  

I had a question about the dimensions for the Three Fold card I shared in my last posting so thought I'd work up a little card & tutorial for you.  Hope you like it.

Here is my finished A2 size card ...

And here are the steps I took to make it ...

You will need TWO pieces of card stock (or design paper) to make a Three Fold Card.  Your FIRST piece of paper will be cut 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored to make the sides meet in the middle.  If you have a Scor-Pal there are score lines already marked for you (see next photo) to achieve equal sides.


See the DOTS next to the 2 and close to the 6 1/2?  
Those are the score lines you will follow to achieve this 'gate' fold. 


Your SECOND piece will be cut 4 1/4" x 9 1/8" and scored at 5 1/2".
This piece will be adhered to the back of your 'gate' folded card and the short flap will come down over the front.  I chose to BORDER PUNCH the front flap for extra character.


 Now you can decorate it anyway you choose!
For this card I used Paper Pizazz designer paper for my three panels.


 A strip of lavendar satin ribbon was wrapped around the front flap between the design paper and the border punch cardstock.


I've used the JustRite 'Botanical Butterflies' stamp set for my focus image.  It was stamped with Versafine Black ink and colored with Prismacolor markers.  The leaves are made from SU old olive paper and the Cheery Lynn Designs B147 'olive branches' dies.  A purple Prima flower with a gold Stampendous Diamond Dot for the center are the embellishments along with Kaiser baby lilac pearls along the MS doily lace punched border edge.


There are SO MANY things you can do with this fun fold.  As in my previous post, using embossed panels and a homemade flower makes a lovely creation (see below) or you can use coordinating designer papers for added interest (sorry, no sample ... have to work on that one).
Details on items used for this card can be found HERE.

A few qualifying challenges:
Celebrate the Occasion - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Dimension (2nd entry)
Die Cuttin Divas - Anything Goes + Die Cut
Oldie But A Goodie - Anything Goes (designer paper at least 1 yr old - been hoarding it)
Party Time Tuesday - Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash - May Flowers (anything floral related - image/designer paper)
Top Tip Tuesday - Dig Out Old (designer paper 1 yr old - been hoarding it)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and please feel free to ask me ANYTHING about my creations.  I will be glad to help you where ever I can and as quickly as I can!

Back to the crafting table ... oh wait ... guess I'd better make dinner first!  Oooops!
See you later!
HUGS,
Darlene

17 comments:

  1. Oh Darlene, who whould have ever thought. So easy yet so elegant.
    Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Darlene, who would have ever thought. Thank you for sharing.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Darlene! Thanks for the tutorial! I am off to make dinner too, but hopefully will be getting some crafting done later :) Want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful and I just love your choice of colours to decorate with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow fabulous cards sweetie...love this design might just give it a go hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Hun,this is just brilliant,super design,and the detail as always is amazing,hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I am off to work and plan on making one as soon as I get home.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a crafty girl! I just love your gorgeous cards and thanks so much for the tutorial, I'm gonna try this out!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous and thank you for the tutorial.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    DS4J DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, thanks for linking up at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. VERY nice! They are gorgeous cards! Thanks for the tutorial! I've never tried to make a 3 fold card before! Thanks for joining DCD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a SUPER tutorial! Now I need to make one of these! :)

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are really beautiful with the pretty purples, love the fun fold! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Anything Goes" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, what beautiful cards & what an ace tutorial! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at an OBAG, & I'll now follow your blog so I can have a go at this style when I have a bit more time. Have a great weekend, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards, love the fold and great tutorial...

    Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments .

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous threefold card and love the photo dp and punched edges too. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card!!!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.