Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tutorial - Gift Card Holder

Today I have the pleasure of sharing a Tutorial over at Shelly's Images for Tutorial/Technique Tuesday so thought I'd share it here on my blog too.  You can find several AWESOME tutorials at Shelly's Images that the design team have shared.  There's even a 'button' in the sidebar taking you directly to the Tutorial Library... be sure to check it out.

Here's a quick, cute & easy Gift, Money or Business Card Holder tutorial!

Here is the 1st holder I made a long time ago.
Thank goodness I put the instructions inside it for safe keeping & future use!
I saw it online ... sorry I didn't write down where!

HERE WE GO!

I've used 2-sided designer paper.
Main panel - 6 3/4" x 4" ... score one end at 2" for top flap.
Side panels - TWO at 2" x 3" ... scored every 1/2" and accordion folded.
(You can also round your corners if you'd prefer ... I have only rounded the top flap on my sample today.)


Attach Scor-Tape to each end flap on your accordion folded panels.

Then adhere as shown below:

Then fold inward and attach the other side as shown below:

For the 'closure', I find these sticky back velcro circles work perfectly!!

HINT:  If you stick the neg & positive sides together when you take them out the pack ... then position it on the 'lid' where you want it ... you simply fold down the lid onto the main holder and you'll have it positioned exactly where you want it!

I find these awesome Prima sticky back studs & pearls work perfectly on the front.  Either by themselves (as on my 1st sample) or with other embellishments ... choice is yours!

 Suggestions for it's use . . .
1.  gift card/money holder that you can send in the mail or 
hand deliver
2.  great for carrying along some of your business cards 
in your purse
3.  add a little chocolate treat or two for 
each of the ladies attending your 
next crafting get together
4.  add a treat and love note to hubby's lunch box
5.  teacher's appreciation day gift
6.  stocking stuffers
7. tooth fairy pouches

etc., etc., etc!

So here's my finished sample for today! 

I'm in the process and making up a variety of these little goodies for a Ladies Tea I have coming up on July 14th.  I think they'll like them ... here's a few I have ready to go.


Okay ... gotta go!  As you know hubby is now retired and he's yelling down the steps that he wants to go somewhere before it gets any hotter!  Whew!  Just got this posting done in time!  LOL!
Catch you all later!  Enjoy your day!
HUGS from OHIO
Darlene

9 comments:

  1. Awh, this is adorable. Thank you for the tutorial. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! These are gorgeous Darlene. I love the design and the way you have decorated them.
    Thanks for a fabulous and easy to follow tutorial too

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super tutorial. Great for using up all your ends of paper. Thanks for sharing your tutorial with us.Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiyas....these are fab i do have my own way of making something similar but have taken tips onthe concertina sides...mmmm verly interesting indeedy so great tut...hope you both had a happy day my frind hugs sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh hun this is just brilliant,the detail is amazing,and the designs,and embellishments are stunning wow love them hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these, Darlene. I found them on pinterest. I love that they are simple and lovely. The accordion sides are ideal...to hold more stuff! :) Thanks for sharing a great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. I especially love the accordion sides. I found your project on pinterest and came here to see the tutorial. Thank you for well documented directions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable..I think this can be easily changed for any occasion. thanks for sharing it with us..Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.