Friday, October 26, 2012

Mr. Mustache . . .

Happy Friday Everyone!

Are you ready for the weekend???  Trick or Treat is tomorrow night in our neighborhood and I'm expecting to hand candy out to between 150 - 200 kids.  LOL ... Welcome to the Suburbs!!
 Every year I'm amazed at some of the FABULOUS costume's I will see come to my door ... but of course, there are those NOT SO FABULOUS, put a little dirt on your face and go as a Hobo, Trick or Treaters that come calling.  Hopefully the rain will come early and be gone before the little ones start out!

Today I have my 1st creation to share with you as a member of the Crafty Secrets / Heartwarming Vintage Design Team.  There is SO MUCH going on right now at the website you really must pop over and check it out!!! 

One of the newest digi sets is called Barber Shop and that is the set I decided to play/create with today.  Here's what I've come up with . . .


 This was an empty black box (5 1/2" x 8 1/4" x 1 1/2") that I found at Michael's for $1.  I thought it would be perfect to turn into a 'Gentleman's Suitcase' to house all his shaving toiletries by adding the handles.  All the fabulous papers, images &  ephemera are from this new Barber Shop Kit.  What fun!!



I am SO PROUD of the outcome of this altered box ... I can hardly believe I did it!  LOL!  There was a fair amount of fussy cutting and popping up on the front of the box ... but I think it looks SO COOL!  LOVE these new images and can't wait to play more with them!  There are just SO MANY possibilities with this set, my head is swimming!!

You can pop on over to the blog HERE for more information on this fabulous new masculine set!  The design team just received this set (I was in a hurry to play, LOL) and will have more inspirational creations to share with you very soon!
 Our Websites, Gallery, Store
 Here are a few other qualifying challenges I'd like to enter:
Brown Sugar Challenge - Anything Goes
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Friday - Anything Goes
 The Poodles Parlour - Anything Goes
Stampin' for the Weekend - Anything Goes
Digistamps4Joy - Anything Goes with a Twist/make it Masculine
Repeat Impressions DCC1024 - Anything But a Card
 Paper Pretties - Masculine
Tanda Stamps - All Things Manly

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you've found inspiration in my work!
Have a fabulous weekend and be safe!

14 comments:

  1. wow stunning box and beautiful made Darlene.
    Thanks for join us at Digistamps4Joy.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous creation my freind hope alls well...bet that tash would tickle heehe hugs sasyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Box! I love the manly Barber shop theme. Thanks for sharing with TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously awesome box, Dar! Great job with the fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic box love all the elements, Thanks for joining us on Brown Sugar this week Hugs Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic job...I love it!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge...good luck!

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Darlene, another gorgeous project! Beautifully done :) Thanks again for joining us at The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome box, so creative, Thank you for playing along with us this week at Brown Sugar in the "Anything Goes" challenge! We hope you decide to play along with us again!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene this is sooooo cute, inside and out. I love the inset on the front and all the elements you surrounded the window with. I saw the announcement over on Crafty Secrets and just wanted to say CONGRATS!! I know you must be excited! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I your box! what a neat gift for that man in your life!
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week at TTCRD.
    Huggs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colours. Great design and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with DigiStamps4Joy and good luck. Hugs Desíre  {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}  {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. ROFLMAO!!! I LOVE that old man and his moustache! But not as much as I love your project!!! What an awesome make! Thank you so much for joining us at Digistamps 4 Joy's "Anything Goes ... with a masculine twist" challenge this fortnight! Good luck in the draw and remember to pop in tomorrow to get the details of our next exciting challenge!

    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    Digistamps 4 Joy DT Lead

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a fab digi set. I love what you have done with this box, it's brilliant!

    Thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser!

    Suex

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creation thanks for playing along with us at poodles
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.