Sunday, December 16, 2012

Joan's Gardens Challenge

Good Morning Blogger Friends!
Today is the day of our Neighborhood Christmas Party here in our home but before I get busy with all the last minute preparations, I wanted to quickly share with you the project I created for the challenge this week over at Joan's Gardens.  Here's this week's challenge requirements:

Decorate a box or container that 
can be used for a Christmas gift

A few months back I purchased a few of these empty black boxes from the local Deals store (for $1) with just this sort of idea in mind.  I've used design paper from The Paper Studio - Vintage Christmas - 12x12 pack for my decorating.  The tag is from Crafty Secrets and I've made the flower using gold metallic paper along with my Cheery Lynn Designs Build a Flower 2 die set.  To adorn my flower I've cut Holly Branches (also a Cheery Lynn Designs die) out of the scrap paper used for the inside of the box.  A few springs of white branches were punched using a Martha Stewart punch, feathers & a pearl for the center of my flower.

I've used a gold Pilot Marker to frame the edges of the outside panels just to give it a little more 'class'.  I'm very happy with how it all came together and have the perfect person in mind to give it too.  Now to decide exactly what I want to fill it with!

A few additional challenge to enter into are:
Craftymess Challenge #23 - Vintage Christmas
 Di's Digi Designs - Christmas-Anything But A Card
Sugar Creek Hollow #42 - For A Gift
  Totally Gorjuss - For Someone Special
 Anything But A Card Challenge #8 - Anything But A Card
 

Well, I'd better get busy ...
I hope you have a fabulous day today and thanks so much for stopping by!

As always ...

13 comments:

  1. Love it Love it, Great paper, and creativeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab box, Dar! This turned out so cool! Love the paper and the top embellies are stunning! Christmas blessings from FL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This box has lots of class Darlene. So many interesting things to look at. Fabulous job. Thanks for joining us in our weekly challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dar,

    What a beautiful box - you did a fantastic job
    Love it
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful party- and WOWZERS! Gorgeous box and I love the big Gold flower. You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it is absolutely gorgeous Darlene. Love the fantastic papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene, Your box is out of this world amazing! That will be some lucky person who receives that box!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Darlene I love this box it's just gorgeous in every way! Merry Christmas my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, your box is gorgeous and as Lana says...in every way. Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous box, love how you decorated it. Thank you for sharing it with us at SCH this week.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a stunning box, such lovely papers and embellishments
    so lad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.