Saturday, December 1, 2012

Vintage Peek-A-Boo Album


Happy December 1st everyone!

Today I have a Vintage Christmas Peek-A-Boo Album to share with you so grab your favorite beverage and a comfy seat because I'll warn you now ... this is a long post ... but hopefully a very informative one that I hope you'll enjoy and draw inspiration from!

Woman drinking cappuccino

I've been telling you about the awesome Christmas digital papers now available over at Crafty Secrets 
and the album helped me showcase just a FEW of these beautiful papers!  Here's a peek at the finished album and I will try to step you through some of the steps I took along the way in making it.


Over the Thanksgiving weekend I was helping my granddaughter create a scrapbook and when we were all through, I noticed there were a few 12x12 cardboard backings in the trash from the packs of scrapbook page protectors she had used.  Of course instantly I thought of creating some sort of album utilizing these backings (can't waste good chipboard ya know).  So I set forth cutting as many pages as I could from those 12x12 boards and grabbed a couple others from my stash to get the desired amount needed.

I used a variety of openings and page edgings for each page of the album to give it depth & character.  I used squares, rectangles, scallop edge, zig-zag edge, half moon ... just anything that popped into my head!

 As indicated in the photo, I cut my page pieces 7 1/2" x 5 1/2" and using a hole punch made 3 holes to accommodate the 1" book rings that would hold my album together.
Then the fun began.  I printed out several different sheets of this beautiful paper in the patterns that I thought would work with the vision I had in my head.  I also tried to keep in mind where my 'openings' were and how that would be viewed when put together.  Once I did one side, I flipped them over and did the other side with different papers still (so many different papers to choose from on this CD!).  I used Modge Podge as my adhesive and a craft knife to cut the openings once my design paper was adhered & dry.
 Once I had each page covered with the desired paper, I started going through the various Crafty Secrets/Heartwarming Vintage stickers, booklets, printables & other ephemera I had available to embellish each page and here are a few of the ideas I came up with. 

Everything on this album is from Crafty Secrets/Heartwarming Vintage Store with the exception of the die cut tree (on page 1 which is Spellbinders), the die cut reindeer (on page 3 which is also Spellbinders) and the various colors of Stickles I used for sparkle.  
Now remember this is just ONE side of each album page ... would you like to see how each page came together?  There are SO MANY papers & images in these sets that I could have made many, many more pages!!  Here's a glimpse of each opened page of my album ... hope you like it!









Once I had all my pages as I wanted them, I inserted the book rings and tied gold & green organza ribbon as well as red & white satin ribbon to each ring.  Really gave it a finished, festive appeal.

This was SO MUCH fun to create and actually it's my very 1ST Peek-A Boo Album ... and I'm really proud of the outcome!  Of course, having these beautiful papers & embellishments available at Crafty Secrets made it easy for me!  Please be sure to pop over and check out ALL the amazing products available!  

Here are the links:
I would also love to share this fun creation with the following challenges:
Jingle Belles - December to Remember (Anything Goes)
Inspire Me Friday - Anything Goes
Pause, Dream, Enjoy - Forgotten Stash (CS stickers found in the bottom of the drawer)
Sweet & Sassy Challenge - Interior Decorating
Sweet Pea Stampers - Gifts (this album is a Christmas gift ... ssshhh)
Wags 'n Whiskers - Christmas
Alphabet Challenge - V for Vintage
Avadares Challenge - Anything with a Digi
Broken Box Stock - Happy Holidays
Card Crafter's Circle #51 - Bearing gifts (this album is a Christmas gift ... ssshhh)
Crafty Catz Challenge - Recycle/Upcycle (cardboard backing from page protectors for album pages)
Fussy and Fancy - I Love Christmas
QKR Stampede - It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Totally Paper Crafts - Anything CHRISTMASY but a card
2 Sisters - Christmas Sparkle
Craftymess Challenge - Vintage Christmas
Little Claire's Designs - Christmas
My Sheri Crafts - Tis the Season

Are you still here?  Sorry it was such a long post but there was a lot I wanted you to see!
PLEASE stop by the Crafty Secrets Blog on Monday when we will be hosting a new Linky Party ... you could win some fabulous Crafty Secrets products!
Thanks so much everyone for stopping by and for always making my day with your kind words!
Until next time ...

34 comments:

  1. Wonderful project Darlene -so much I want to make and so little time - I have blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic project and so creatively and beautifully crafted - thank you for entering QKR stampede challenge 16 (Hazel, guest designer) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful album and those "peek a boo" windows are such a brilliant and clever innovation! love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Darlene I love it!! That is something I could never make but absolutely love yours!!! Way to go girlfriend!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darlene, your album is stunning and really shows off the papers from our Vintage Christmas Download and the fact you recycled chipboard instead of having to pay for an album makes it even cooler.

    Thanks for sharing and showing how you did it!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful book made. Great use of the chipboard cardboard and use of the forgotten stickers. Thanks for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Forgotten Stash challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant, Darlene. I love all the variations on your pages. Super creative and beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Avadares Challenge Blog.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is this- LOVE this book and all of the fabulous papers. The peek a boo idea is so fun- and I really like the stickers you added. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness your albulm is fantastic! I love the papers. I would love to find some wrapping paper like the one with the red bird and scrpit. It's gorgeous!

    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is GORGEOUS -- WOW -- and I LOVE your peek-a-boo pages -- SOOO FUN!!! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...My...Gosh!!! This is so inspired! Don't you love it when you can make use of something in a new way? This is one of the most creative projects I've seen this season. You should be very proud. Thanks for sharing on QKR Stampede.

    ReplyDelete
  12. O wow this is amazing must not throw 12x12 card. thanks for joining us at crafty mess xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowsers! This is fabulous, Darlene. You've been a busy lady. There are so many details I may have to scroll through the post again. Thanks for playing along with the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous. Love all the little finishing touches and the colours work well. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. You definitely put a lot of love and effort into this album! It's fantastic! Thanks for sharing it in this week's Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Love the album. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW Darlene this is absolutely gorgeous!! I LOVE the peek-a-boo pages and all of your fantastic images!! Such a beautiful creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers and the Alphabet challenge!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, beautiful vintage holiday project. simply magnificent. Beautiful design and fabulous coloring. Thanks for joining on the fun over at Avadares
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    Avadareschallengeblog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for joining in the @Crafty-Mess blog challenge .... I stunning album, I love the cut outs so you can see through to the next page and the shapes .. really lovely xxx Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic album... I love the peekaboo aperture on each page, and what a brilliant showcase for those wonderful papers - great work! Thanks so much for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow, what a stunning album, LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dalene, what an absolutely stunning peek-a-boo album you have made. A lot of care and attention has gone into it. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful!!! The papers are so elegant! You put in a lot of effort, and your results are spectacular!

    Sue C

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow I am a true fan of Mini Albums, I love them and this one is fantastic...I love everything you have done with it. Thank you for joining us at TTCRD this time, hope to see more of your great creations in the future...Huggz Anne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello my friend!! :) WOWZER you've made such a gorgeous book design Dar!! Love that Vintage Santa and your papers are so stunning!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us over at Fussy and Fancy Fridays ! Hope you will join us again!! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow what a gorgeous book! I love the images and papers you have used! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet's 'Vintage' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh wow fabulous creation, thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  28. A creation of wonder and vintage splendour! Thanks for sharing with us in the Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  29. A lovely Christmas project. A real keepsake.

    Thank you for joining Little Claire's blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What beautiful papers......I must get some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a FUN album, Darlene! Hope to see you again sometime soon! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Hugs, Vickie Y

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.