Saturday, December 22, 2012

What A Bummer !!!

Hello my friends!
I had this blog post nearly done & ready to publish when my phone rang.  In the midst of talking to my daughter and trying to type with one hand to finish, I hit a wrong key and POOF!  Blog Post GONE!

So, here I go again!  LOL!

I'm fortunate enough to have all my Christmas preparation in order and ready to go so decided to take a little time blog hopping and crafting.  While visiting my friend Diane (Nellie's Nest) blog, I was in awe of her creation for the current Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge - Lots of Layers and decided to play along.  Here's what I came up with . . .

Now mind you, I LOVE creating vintage Christmas cards and am sad that I'll be putting all my wonderful Christmas papers & embellishments away for another year. . . but, it was fun to switch gears and create something NOT holiday oriented.  

Here's a list of items used to create this card:
Papers:  White cs, Old Olive cs, KaiserCraft 'The Lake House' dp
Cheery Lynn Designs dies:   B117 Fanciful Flourish, B147 Olive Branches, B165 Lace Corner Deco E, DL112 Exotic Butterfly Small
Accessories:  various Stickles, Kaiser pearls, X-press It Foam Mounting Tape, Versafine Black Ink
Stamp:  JustRite 'Large Fancy Sentiment'

I hope you are close to being ready for Christmas too.  We had planned on going to visit with our daughter last evening along with family & friends from my SIL's side of the family but Mother Nature decided to share a lot of snowing & blowing all day/evening and we decided to not risk the hours drive and stayed home.  I was saddened to not be able to make the trip but am glad to see we will have a white Christmas this year.

A few other challenges I'd like to enter this creation into are:
Lady Anne Challenge - Sentimental Friday - Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity - Anything Goes
Hotshot Crafts - Butterflies
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Use Any Sentiment
Delightful Challenge - Anything Goes
In the Pink - Pink and Pearly
Flutter By Wednesday - Anything Goes + Butterflies
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
Hiding in My Craft Room # 77 - Anything BUT Christmas
Vickie's First Challenge - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations #20 - Anything Goes
The Crafty Bloggers Network - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and for your kind words.  
Now let's see if I can get this posted before I hit another wrong key and loose it all again!  LOL!
Stay Warm, Safe & Happy
and as always . . .

19 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Dar, this is stunning!!!! I LOVE it...so pretty and like you I love the xmas creations, but so nice to see something "new!!! I love all those gorgeous butterflies...very inspiring!!! Thanks for mentioning me on your blog, too...so sweet of you...and hope you are ready for Christmas, I am....no pressure here...ahhhhhhhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Darlene, beautiful colours and lots of gorgeous embellishments - love those butterflies and the swirls.
    Thank you for joining us at ITP - hope we will see you again next year! So pleased you didn't hit the wrong key this time!
    Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, this is simply gorgeous! Thanks for visiting us at Stuck on U Sketch. No toys .. but that's okay because I got to see this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I'm blown away. Your card is a work of art! Love everything about it! Thanks for joining us this week at Artistic Inspirations~Wendy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love , love this!! So pretty and with so many butterflies!! Awesome! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, this is just stunning! What a beautiful card design and fabulous choice of colors and dies. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is amazing! The paper and colors are perfect for this beautiful card! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the design of the card and it looks like a magical garden which I would love to visit. Thank you for sharing with us at Vickie's Challenge at Lady Anne's. I hope we see you again. Merry Christmas
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card and i so love how you used so many beautiful dies on your card!
    Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn designs challenge!
    Love from France, Kianel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I hate when I lose a post, it's so frustrating but I'm really glad that you forged ahead and did it again because this is just stunning. I love all that delicate and intricate cut work. It looks beautiful.
    thank you for playing with us at Stampin' for the Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is gorgeous, thanks for sharing at artistic inspirations, hugs trisha dt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Vickies Challenge over at Lady Annes and I hope we see you agian soon!
    Hugs
    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautifully designed. So much to feast the eyes on. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Lady Anne’s Paper Crafts DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely card thanks for joining us at artistic inspiration and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! You did an awesome job! Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspiration. Hope to see you again. I also enjoyed working on something other than Christmas this week! hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh this is gorgeous! Love all those beautiful die cuts. Thank you for joining us at Delightful Challenges for our Anything Goes Challenge, Happy New Year hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. G'day Darlene, your card is a beautiful piece of artwork. I adore the way the butterflies appear to be dancing in your paper garden.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Vickie's Challenge at Lady Anne's and good luck with the draw. I hope we see you again next challenge.
    *Hugs* ~ Nana Vic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.