Tuesday, April 30, 2013

SEW Special . . .

Happy Tuesday Blogging Friends!

The sun is shining and I hope to get outside this afternoon (once things dry up a bit from the mornings dew) and do a bit more weeding & prep before it's time to plan my annual flowers.  But before I do that, I wanted to share a couple of things with you today.

First of all, if you saw my post the other day about the 'crazy' robin that keeps attacking my front windows & doors (which, BTW she is still doing ... woke me up at 6:14 a.m. with her insistent body slams against the window) ... it's just been a flurry of birds in our back wooded area the past couple of days!  Guess they are happy Spring is here too!  It was so nice to see the Purple Finch & Gold Finch back at our feeders.  I just grabbed a quick photo (need to keep a camera upstairs ... by the time I ran downstairs to get it most were gone) grrrr!


 

AND ... we have a newcomer to our feeders.  
Isn't he gorgeous!!!
He is a Rose Breasted Grosbeak!  When I first caught a glimpse of him I thought it was one of our woodpeckers because I saw the patch of red but once he sat still where we could really get a good look at him ... WOW!  How excited we were to have a NEW visitor to our sunflower feeder!
  

As the title to this post reads . . . just as our new feathered friend is SO special,  I have a card to share with you that is SEW special because I created it using items from the NEW Crafty Secrets sewing line of digital products.  Which, you can view & purchase at the new Crafty Vintage Girl Shoppe.  I have used items from the Digital Sewing Basket - DAS 111.   

I am working on a project which I will share with you next week and this is the card that will go with that project when I gift it to the little neighbor girl.



It is just so much fun creating with this new digital line of products from Crafty Secrets!  I like that I can RESIZE (& manipulate) images to make them fit my needs.  For instance this quick inside sentiment.  I simply brought the 'sew special' image into a new Word document ... added a text box in which I added the words YOU ARE . . . into ... removed the outer box lines and Viola!   PERFECT!

OH! OH!  And, you'll want to pop right over to the Heartwarming Vintage Blog today where Sandy is offering a new (FREE)  Mother's Day's printable!  It is GORGEOUS and you'll want it for your very own!

A few additional challenges to enter this card into:
Bearly-Mine #84 - Anything Goes
LEJ Designs #51 - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday #118 - Anything Goes
Twisted Tuesday #49 - Anything Goes (no twist this week)
Well I guess I'd better get back to my crafting before time slips away from me.  All too soon it will be time to venture to outside chores!  I hope the sun is shining brightly at your house today like it is here!  Try to make time to embrace it ... if only for a moment!  

I love having the warm sun on my face ... makes me feel like God is reaching out and saying 
"Hello my child ... it's going to be a beautiful day ... enjoy it and know I love you"!

As always . . .


Recipe for this card:

Papers:  SU Pink Pirouette cs, White cs
Accessories:  Crafty Secrets digital images, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, pop dots, Fiskars swivel craft knife, Spellbinder classic circle die, Momento Angel Pink ink, sponge dauber


15 comments:

  1. Don't you just LOVE it when birds come round to visit? Bet they will visit more often, especially with that fine feeder! Love your card, it looks absolutely darling! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card and image are so gorgeous. Love the pics of the birds, nice to see some bright coloured ones. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the photos!! and this card is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet little card! I just love it!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Pretty, thanks for joining us this week @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dar, your card is "sew" cute! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bird photos!! Hubby and I love to watch the birds! :) Such a darling creation!! Love the image and colors! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card--I love that image!

    Thanks so much for joining us in at the {Pin}Spirational Challenge this week—Good Luck! Barb—DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty little scene. Your colouring is beautiful. Awesome birdlife you have.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so sweet, I really like the idea of a scene card. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! The little girl is precious! Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling card!!! Such a cute image!!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable card and a the sentiment is cute too.Loved it.Thanks for sharing the card with us at {Pin)spirational Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card, I love all the beautiful touches inside and out! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Anything Goes" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is adorable!!! Thanks SO MUCH for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you play along again!!!

    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.