Thursday, May 2, 2013

Joan's Gardens Challenge

Hello again my friends ... here is my 2nd post for the day.  I hope you had time to check out the fun challenge going on at Shelly's Images (prior post) and here's another fun one for you.  I'm telling you ... these challenges at Joan's Gardens REALLY MAKE ME THINK!!!  Not always an easy task! LOL!

Anyways ... the requirements this week are:
  • Use some type of Fan - stamped, die cut, etc.
  • Use colors Peach, Cream and Green
  • Use Lace
  • Use Pearls
     

  • What a unique challenge idea and of course, Selma's samples are ALWAYS an inspiration!  However, I also found inspiration today from a card I spotted over on Cheryl's (She Stamps) blog found HERE.   I love Cheryl's designs and find inspiration from her work frequently. 
      
    Inside View
I didn't have any FAN dies like the beautiful one Selma used, so I had to go 'In Search Of" through my Vintage Stamps drawer to see what I could find.  And Viola!  I found this Hero Arts stamp which I've had for years and don't think I've ever inked up.  It was also nice to be able to use up scraps for this creation ... other than the background panel and actually I used ONE sheet of 8x8 for both the front & inside of my card.  All products used can be found at the bottom of this post.

Here are a few other challenges I'd like to enter:
As You Like It Challenge - Your favorite die or punch and WHY? (This Floral Ovals die set is relatively new but quickly became one of my favorites.  I love VINTAGE and the edging on these dies gives me that vintage flair I'm looking for.)
Little Miss Muffet - Paper Piecing
MilkCoffee Challenge - Pearls and Lace
Die Cuttin Divas - Anything Goes (must use a die cut)
Inky Chicks - Shabby Chic
LEJ Designs #51 - Anything Goes
Through The Craftroom Door - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Well it's nearly dinner hour here and I was able to get the lawn mowed this afternoon but now that it's cooled off a little I think I'll do some weeding after dinner.  Thanks so much for stopping by and as always . . .

Recipe for my card:
Papers:  Graphic45 'Once Upon A Springtime' and 'Le' Romantique'
Ink:  Momento black
Stamp:  Hero Arts E2649 'Fan with Roses'
Accessories:  Spellbinder  S4-356 'Floral Ovals', SU Victorian Lace, Kaiser pearls, PunchBunch 'big sky' punch, pop dots, Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
Technique:  Paper Piecing

Items highlighted in RED were purchased at Joan's Gardens

22 comments:

  1. Wow this is beautiful, I love the way you did your fan...and your colors are gorgeous. Thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at DCD! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHH BOOFITAL Darlene. I just love looking at the other challenges you find and how you make them work on just stunning cards! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous. Loving the design papers.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girlfriend,

    Cute card - great job, you seem so busy, Enjoy summer!
    Off to work
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card , beautiful colors, gorgeous papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at DCD for our "Anything Goes" challenge.
    Anita
    DT DCD
    http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL Dar! Love that you stamped the fan onto the same DP, great choice! It really is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes that is a gorgeous die and LOVE the colour too! I can see why this is a new favorite for you!

    Thanks for joining in with our first challenge at At You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dar, Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I popped by on the day you posted it but I couldn't leave a comment. (I think it was a problem with my phone.)

    Anyhow, I LOVE your card! Your paper piecing is so pretty. I'm glad you found this fan stamp. Thank you for the shout out too!

    Have a great weekend,

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a gorgeous die and one on my wish list!! Very pretty card and I love the vintage feel to it.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our first challenge.
    Annette
    My blog : Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for As You Like It Challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the coral colors and beautiful card. Beautiful fan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such a great touch with color- I LOVE the DP's you used together and love the image with the touch of lace!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darlene, your cute little fan stamp just makes this card. You worked in the colors beautifully, too. Great job and great entry for this week's challenge at Joan's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card hun .... LOVE the lace and the die cut you have used ... xx


    Thanks for joining us over at LEJ DESIGNS CHALLENGE
    Hope we see you again x

    Good Luck

    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card, love the colour and the layout, thank you for joining us at happy campers, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous and oh so is the inside. You certainly know how to finish them off:O) Fabulous die cuts, papers and paper piecing. Thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs for our 'anything goes' challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us over at LEJ Designs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card. Amazing what we find in our stash! Love your color combinations!
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card.....what a lucky find to have that stamp...so pretty!!!!
    fun to use up some of that "stash" isn't it???.....headed outside.....it's neverending...but LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty, gorgeous colour and I love the paper piecing, thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet, Kaernx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab card, love the lace you've used... thanks for joining in at Happy campers x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.