Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Crafty Secrets / SCS Sketch Challenge

Afternoon friends ... 
I'm here this afternoon to share a second post with you for the Sketch Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.  Gosh ... I said the first of the year I was going to do more of the challenges over there and was off to a good start then life took over and it's been months since I've played along ...

Well I'm here to tell you I'm playing the sketch challenge today!!!
Here is today's sketch:


and here's what I came up with . . .


Again I have created a matching envelope and finished the inside (my New Year's resolution).











My focus image today is this adorable 'robin' image from the Crafty Secrets 'Birds & Blossoms' Creative Scraps.  You can find this sheet and many, many more fabulous images, stamps, etc. at Crafty Secrets.com and if you are getting familiar and LOVE working with all the new digital papers/images ... be sure to check out their new Crafty Vintage Girl Shoppe.

I have really dipped into some of my OLD stash for this creation today!  One being the sheet of Creative Scraps which I've had for some time now ... and the other is the design paper I've used.  Oh my gosh ... I've had this Ancestry.com K&Company designer mat pad for at least 4 years ... probably 5!  It was hiding under a couple other K&Company 12x12 packs (does that tell you I have WAY TOO MUCH paper ... LOL) and since it was calling out for me to be used ... I did!!

I've been commissioned to make a selection of male/female birthday cards so this one will certainly be going into the pack.  I think it could be used for either male or female ... what do you think?

Thanks for stopping back and I hope you find inspiration from my work.
Take care and enjoy your day!
As always . . .

Recipe:

Papers:  White cs, Light Pink cs, Dark Pink cs, K&Co. dp
Image:  Crafty Secrets
Accessories:  Zig markers for edge doodling, JoyCraft #6003/0030 flower die, Creative Memories corner rounder
Rubber Stamps:  Art Impressions, Impression Obsession

2 comments:

  1. This sweet little birdie has long been one of my favorite images from Crafty Secrets, and you've showcased it so well on this lovely card. Fun details, Dar! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card...love the birdie, wonder if he eats "tomato worms"...LOL...just kidding.....but another beauty my friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.