Friday, August 16, 2013

Putting 'SHAPE' to my cards . . .

Good Afternoon  my friends!  
Whew!  What a busy day yet it doesn't look like I've gotten anything accomplished!  
Ever have a day like that??

Anyways, while I was instant messaging with a Michigan friend, she told me about this really cool challenge called Do More With Less and this months is "Shaped Cards with Lisa".  My friend (yes I'm talking about you Diane!!) thought this was right up my alley and that I would like to play along ... (I'm getting more & more adventurous these days!  LOL!)  So, here we go . . .

Oh, by the way, Lisa is Lisa Fish of A Mermaid's Crafts.  She is extremely talented!  In need of inspiration?  Pop on over to her blog ... some really cool stuff!!!

The actual challenge is:  shaped cards using a die cut as the base.




I am extremely happy with the end result and think this style will be a nice addition to my cards for my upcoming craft shows.  It's not like I don't have a variety of dies to work with!  LOL!!

Well, the neighbors have invited us to go to the Akron Aero's ball game tonight and my play time is running out!  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you'll give this a whirl.  Isn't it awesome how we can be inspired and learn from each other!

A few additional challenges:
Bloggers Challenge - Flower Power
Card Crafter's Circle - Winged Things
Creative Corner Challenge - Anything Goes
Kitty Bee Designs - Birthday
Sister Act Challenge - Anything Goes

Until later and as always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, the Paper Studio 'Kirby Teesdale Studio' dp,
Stamps:  Inkadinkado, Impression Obsession
Inks:  TH 'peeled paint' distress ink, Momento 'angel pink'
Accessories:  Spellbinder 'Gold Labels Four' and 'Labels Fourteen', Heartfelt Creations 'Classic Leaf -  HCD736' and 'Sun Kissed Fleur = HCD734' dies, Heartfelt Creations 'Sun Kissed Fleur HCPC3533 precut stamp set', Sizzix #658437 Susan Tierney Cockburn Tool Kit, Martha Stewart 'fern' punch, Cheery Lynn Designs 'DL113' butterfly dies, sponge daubers, E6000 spray adhesive

11 comments:

  1. OH WOW, Darlene, this is absolutely STUNNING!! What a gorgeous card!! You know, I have that die and haven't used it as a shaped card yet but you have totally inspired me!! The paper is beautiful and the flower is so pretty!! Even the inside is fabulous!! Absolutely amazing card!! Thank you so much for playing along at my challenge at Do More With Less!! And thank you for the kind words, too!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes blogger friends are indeed inspiring! Love the die cut you've used and the flower is divine! Nice to see you expanding your repertoire my friend! Hugs from FL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly met the challenge with great style. This shape is very elegant and will be a nice selection over the standard square or rectangle shaped cards. Lovely result...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning die cut for card shape
    Beautiful embellishing
    Thanks for sharing on Card Crafters Circle .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Dar, you once again knocked it "out of the park" so to speak!!
    Stunning my friend, and a great inspiration piece!! I so love "enabling" you....lol...I think that is my nickname now...lol...and thanks for the "plug"! I love~love your stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty, pretty card, Dar! And do my eyes deceive me or is that a Heartfelt Creations Sunkissed Fleur blossom I spy? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. This is one spectacular card!
    Thanks for playing with my guest Lisa's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is so stunning!! Love the way you made the flower
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Sister Act Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning birthday card love the colours and your flower is wonderful.Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee's challenge blog with our Birthday Challenge Hugs Txx DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.