Monday, September 30, 2013

Santa is coming . . .

Morning All!  
Here we are at the end of another month and the beginning of another week!
Time is certainly buzzing on by and it will be the holidays before you know it!
(Note the COUNT DOWN at the top of my sidebar!)

With that being said, over on Squigglefly today they are asking you to 'get started on your Christmas cards' and even though I am not on the Rhonda's Rascals team, I just had to play along.  Check out the fun little scene I've created by combining three different images from Squigglefly.


 Here's the run down on the images:
Christmas Tree w/Candle & Holly - Pam Lehto
Santa with Bag - Judith Hart
Merry Christmas Sentiment - Charlene Mitchell

How much fun is it to bring similar digis together to create a fun scene!  
I used Word as my grouping software. 

UH OH!  I just noticed that it looks like Santa is leaving and didn't put any presents under the tree!  OH DEAR ... looks like someone was on the 'Naughty List' this year!  LOL!  
OR ...
Maybe he's just going to sit and rest a spell before unloading his sack of toys!
 

I've used White Liquid Applique on Santa's beard, hat & coat cuff.  I just love that added dimension when you PUFF IT UP with heat.  Kids really get a kick out of it too!

I've used Spectrum Noir alcohol markers for my coloring ... Graphic45 design paper for the background and grosgrain ribbon from Michaels.

A few additional challenges:
2 Sisters Challenge - Anything Goes
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Three Main Colors (red, green, gold)
Totally Gorjuss - Traditional Christmas Colors 
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge EXTRA for September -  Christmas
Christmas Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes

I hope you'll come join in the fun at Squigglefly!  See you there!
As always . . .

13 comments:

  1. Lovely Santa - beautiful card for both CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! The coloring is done so nicely. Love the texture you added with the white applique...adds so much to the card. And, Santa does look a little sad....maybe this was a "naughty list" home ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fab card! The coloring is wonderful- love the dimension in the beard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Darlene this is awesome. Gorgeous colouring and layout. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for using my Santa image on your card, he looks fab with the tree you've used for the background. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful Christmas creation. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Extra this month. Carol GD x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super duper card...and LOVE that beard....I think he was at my house, I have been a bit "naughty" this year, spending too much on myself...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job with these three wonderful images Darlene and I totally love the texture you added. Wonderful wonderful card! Love it!!!! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene,
    What a darling card - and I love the result you obtained from the Liquid Applique - looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that Santa is getting some cookies first.....if they're really good, the presents will get left after. Ya, that's the story :) Great card! Thank you for joining Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N, CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very cute card, Darlene. That is such a awesome image. Thanks, for joining us for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darlene what an awesome job you did on this! I LOVE how you did Santa's beard and hat brim. You combined the perfect images to create such a sweet scene, and I love how you framed it, I think Santa is just heading to the stockings before he pulls out the gifts for under the tree.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.