Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Twenty Five Years

Happy Hump Day All!

Today I have a fun challenge to share with you and I hope you'll come join in the fun!  This is only my second week playing this challenge and I'm LOVIN' the inspiration I have found on this site!

This is the inspirational Magazine cover from this weeks challenge at

My first thought was WOW!!!
  
The colors are gorgeous but for my creation, I went with what caught my eye first ... the 25 in the center.  Here's what I came up with ... what do you think?


The outside framing is Silver Metalic cardstock which is really hard to capture in a photo because of the reflection but I think you get the idea.  I also wanted to incorporate some of the beautiful colors so I die cut this Memory Box #98279 Twirled Heart Border ... popped out the hearts and colored them (ink to paper technique) with various colors of Brilliance ink then after adhering the border outline, glued each heart into place.

I made the background paper by first swirling Silver Gelatos onto white cardstock then stamping & over stamping this Repeat Impressions 25th stamp with Versafine Onyx ink.  The focus sentiment is from an older Inkadinkado stamp set I have in my 'Weddings/Anniversaries/Love' stamp drawer.


Well, that's probably it for me today!  
The weather here in Ohio is PERFECT for working on those outdoor projects so I think that I'm going to get out of the 'cave' today and breath in some fresh air!  Hubby and I stopped and bought some beautiful Fall Mums to decorate the front porch after breakfast this morning and I think I hear them calling my name!  LOL!!

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today!
What every you are doing ... make it fun!
As Always . . .

5 comments:

  1. WOW Dar...what a wonderful take on the challenge...I think you nailed it big time!!!! Weather here in Michiana is perfect too, so why am I not getting out there..must be those lazybones working at me again...LOL...enjoy your day...and a very "cool" card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you rocked this challenge. This is beautiful and the hearts really add to the love an anniversary holds. Silver Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is just amazing! Your use of the burst of color and the number 25 is just genius!!! What a great inspired piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.