Wednesday, November 13, 2013

New Challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters

Hello Everyone!

There's a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafter's and I hope you'll come join in the fun! We are also introducing two NEW STEP SISTERS!!
Please come check out the inspirational projects created by these ladies as well as my 'sistahs'.

Today's challenge is:
EMBOSSING

How easy is that ...

Even though I have used this technique many times, I guess I never knew it had a name until I saw it showcased by GinaK over on Stamp TV and she called it  'Letterpress with a Cuttlebug Folder technique'.  Very easy ... you can get 2 different results with this technique and makes for a wonderful background.

This is the first card I made using this technique and have used Memento 'Cantaloupe' ink and a ProvoCraft Cuttlebug embossing folder.  
The floral stamp is by Great Impressions 'G304' and the front sentiment is JustRite 'Large Fancy Sentiments' CR-03815.  The inside uses the same floral stamp and the sentiment there is by The Stamp Pad Co. I used the same Memento Cantaloupe ink on the floral stamp ... inside & out.

 

This second card utilizes the same technique but with a different Cuttlebug embossing folder and Tim Holtz 'Faded Jeans' distress ink.  I have used the opposite side of the embossing folder for this card.  My sentiment is another wonderful sympathy stamp by Great Impressions 'E566' and since I didn't have any card stock that matched this ink color for my sentiment matting, I created my own by simply swiping the ink pad across a white piece of cardstock.  I used the same ink for my sentiment and tied a small piece of navy organza ribbon at the bottom before attaching to my card front.

Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope you'll stop back again real soon!

Remember, you will have until November 24th to join in our challenge.
Hope to see you there!
As always ...

2 comments:

  1. Both are very beautiful....the insides as well as the outs...love how you stamped the image and then the sentiment inside...very classy cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Darlene. I love going over to Gina K's Stamp TV for tutorials. She has great ones.

    RE: the comment on my card today----CASE away...I'm flattered you liked my card. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.