Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge

Hello Everyone!

Today it's time to share the LAST CHALLENGE at The Sisterhood of Crafters FOR 2013!  We will be taking a break during the holiday to spend precious time with our families and friends
BUT we will be back with a new challenge on January 8, 2014!

The time around, it all about the 
CHRISTMAS SPARKLE!

That's right ... we all love the sparkle of Christmas!  Whether it's the twinkling lights on the tree, the glisten of the falling snow ... or the GLITTER all over your workspace!  As for me, I went the safer route ... STICKLES!  LOL!  
Somehow, I get glitter EVERYWHERE when I use it!!

We are also thrilled to have a sponsor for this last challenge of 2013 and that sponsor is FITZTOWN!  I will be using their digital image 'Winter 3'.

I'm not sure you can see the 'sparkle' on my card so I'll add a close up a little further down my posting.  I've also taken the opportunity to reduce the size of the 'scrap mountain' I have on the worktable for my background!  
I didn't get too elaborate with my design as I wanted to keep the focus on this cute image!  I used postage stamp decorative scissors for the image border and a simple piece of Michael's HoHoHo holiday ribbon was added to the bottom.
Red Stickles adorn the stripes on the candle cane & gingerbread house, while Gold Stickles was used to bring the ribbon & star to life.


I used Spectum Noir alcohol markers for the coloring of this fun image.

I'd like to share my creation with the following challenges:
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Make it Sparkle
The Ribbon Girl - HoHoHo Christmas
Cupcake Inspiration - Color Challenge

At the LAST MINUTE, I decided to create ONE MORE CARD for this challenge ... this time using the Fitztown 'Winter 2' image.

This one was really quick & easy!
After coloring the image with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers I used a Spellbinder 'Fleur De Lis Squares' die to cut out my image.  Gold Stickles was added to the four corners as well as the flame on the candle for my 'sparkle' element.  The background paper comes from the BoBunny 'Father Christmas' 6x6 paper pad and the narrow satin ribbon is from JoAnn's.  Like I said ... quick and easy!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and if you're looking for more inspiration please be sure to pop over and see what my 'SISTERS' AND STEP SISTERS have created today!
Hope you'll come play along!
Till then and as always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.