Thursday, January 16, 2014

One of my favorite . . .

color combinations . . .

PEACH & PURPLE

Good Evening my friends!  I'm back from the dentist ... NO CAVITIES!   YEAH!!


When I was doing floral design, I always loved combining purple iris with peach roses ... made for such a beautiful arrangement ... and now I've carried this color combination over into my card making!
Anxious to play with my new Cheery Lynn Designs Heart & Vines die  & metallic papers again that I recently purchased from Classy Cards n Such, I decided to make another card for their current challenge which is Hearts & Doilies.

This time, the metallic paper color I used is called "So ... Silk Fabulous Purple" (TPC-740).  I wish you could see this IRL ... it's BEAUTIFUL!!  Here's a closeup that might give you a better view of it.

The weight of this paper is perfect to showcase the detail in the die and the sheen it has is SO PRETTY!  LOVE this stuff (good thing, LOL, I bought it in 5 different colors!)

Here's what was used on this creation:
Papers:  CCNS metallic paper, white cs, Graphic45 'secret garden' dp, 
Dies/Punches:  Cheery Lynn Designs #DL103 Italian Flourish Doily Die, #B368 Lattice Heart & Vines Die, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch
Accessories:  Purple, Orange Peel & Copper Stickles, White Satin Ribbon, Paper Studio flowers, Spellbinder classic circle die, JustRite Large Fancy Sentiment stamp CR-03815

A couple additional challenges:
DL.ART - Hearts

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you're having a crafty week!
I'll be back in my cave tomorrow hopefully creating something that will inspire you!
Till then ... and as always . . .

11 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I have never combined peach with purple, just never thought of it! Love the way they look together on your card, and with purple being my favorite color, I will definitely have to find something to do to use it with the peach - it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous creation. Love the colors! Stay warm my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this is gorgeous Dar!!! Love the combo of the two colors, so pretty and inspiring!!
    Isn't that paper just the best...love it...will be ordering more colors myself!! Good luck on the challenges, this one is a beauty, well, yours always are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer....sooooo pretty. Delicate and bright...and best of all makes me think Spring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzer.....soooo pretty! Delicate and beautiful and best part...it reminds me of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning with the purple and orange and the butterfly is the perfect finishing touch.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning dies gorgeous card Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute in purple and peach -
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never put this color combo together, but I just love it. Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't have thought to put this color combo together for a card but I do love them together in floral arrangements.
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful image and card Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments with our any sentiment challenge Hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.